Notices

grinding???

Old 10-03-2003, 08:16 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My two cents is synthetic is a waste of money, Honda doesn't recomend it. I change my oil at 3k every time. If you change it freq. it will not matter.

As far as the transmission fluid I would stick with OEM MTF. It supposely has friction modifier additives and is designed for Honda transmisssions.

Not all of the new filters are fram nein, I have never seen a fram oem filter go bad, Filtertech makes the new style as well. I would honestly go buy only filtertech oil filters because I don't trust fram but that's just me. I bought several oil filters of the old bigger style before we switched.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Originally posted by hondatech
My two cents is synthetic is a waste of money, Honda doesn't recomend it. I change my oil at 3k every time. If you change it freq. it will not matter.

As far as the transmission fluid I would stick with OEM MTF. It supposely has friction modifier additives and is designed for Honda transmisssions.

Not all of the new filters are fram nein, I have never seen a fram oem filter go bad, Filtertech makes the new style as well. I would honestly go buy only filtertech oil filters because I don't trust fram but that's just me. I bought several oil filters of the old bigger style before we switched.
yea i agree with u, if u change it frequently then it doesn't matter, but i use synthetic cus i bring the car to auto x or road course, and i change oil every 2k or so. the engine ate a lot of oil after track event it's unbelieveble.

i heard about the honda special additives, they have that in the brand new engine too, the only thing about synthetic tranny fluid is that some people reported reduced grinding, altho i never tried it, it is an incentive for people to try.

the oil filter i heard from a friend, donno if it's true or what. i seriously have no idea which brand of oil filter to pick, i will either pick the Mobil 1 filter or the STP which i thought should be pretty safe. never heard of filtertech and never seen it, generally i think most oil filter shouldn't be that bad, those cracked cases are prob just a few out there, but seriously enough to scare a lot of us.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

ok i just found out something

the OEM filter use on rsx-s is fram, made in Canada, the design is different, so rsx-s owners can relax, they are totally fine.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:08 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

Filtertech is oem honda before those new filters came out that are smaller in size, Honda uses two or three suppliers. One is fram and one is filtech. if you ever bought a oem honda filter it was a filtertech.