Notices

RSX-S runs a 14.52 1/4....and other interesting info I found out on Sun.

Old 10-06-2003, 02:04 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX-S runs a 14.52 1/4....and other interesting info I found out on Sun.

Went to ISLAND track in NJ on sunday very good weather besides the wind. It was like 55 degrees sunny. Anyway, this pertains to Nein:

A guy with a RSX-S with AEM v1 CAI, DCSports 4-1 header, Hondata #4, and Borla cat-back ran a 14.52 quarter mile. I was astounded knowing your best is like a 14.7x am i correct. And don't you have the same setup? I mean i/h/e/hondata#4...?

He had groundcontrol coilovers, and Bridgestone 225's on there.

Anyway could have been a good driver.

First time I seen an RSX-S run that low in front of my own eyes. Goes to show how well the k20a2 responds like everybody says. Way

Also, on his last run, the same guy launches...redlines...goes to shift into 2 gear and bounces the rev limiter.

After he pulls back around we look in his engine bay where the shifter cable is right next to the tranny and that bracket is hitting the CAI. There was actually a spot worn off on the intake from the bracket hitting it.

Now this was the first time I had ever seen or heard of such a problem, anybody else had a problem with the AEM CAI getting in the way of the bracket for #2 gear?
Old 10-06-2003, 02:49 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Default Re: RSX-S runs a 14.52 1/4....and other interesting info I found out on Sun.

Originally posted by honda_pilot
Went to ISLAND track in NJ on sunday very good weather besides the wind. It was like 55 degrees sunny. Anyway, this pertains to Nein:

A guy with a RSX-S with AEM v1 CAI, DCSports 4-1 header, Hondata #4, and Borla cat-back ran a 14.52 quarter mile. I was astounded knowing your best is like a 14.7x am i correct. And don't you have the same setup? I mean i/h/e/hondata#4...?

He had groundcontrol coilovers, and Bridgestone 225's on there.

Anyway could have been a good driver.

First time I seen an RSX-S run that low in front of my own eyes. Goes to show how well the k20a2 responds like everybody says. Way

Also, on his last run, the same guy launches...redlines...goes to shift into 2 gear and bounces the rev limiter.

After he pulls back around we look in his engine bay where the shifter cable is right next to the tranny and that bracket is hitting the CAI. There was actually a spot worn off on the intake from the bracket hitting it.

Now this was the first time I had ever seen or heard of such a problem, anybody else had a problem with the AEM CAI getting in the way of the bracket for #2 gear?

uhh ?? did you say me doing best a 14.7x on 1/4 mile?? where did you get that idea?? :rofl:

I have never ran a 1/4 time, so I don't have a 1/4 mile time to show. are you mistaking somebody else?

ppl on clubrsx.com ran 14.0-14.1 with only CAI and Hondata #4, honestly i don't know what kinda time i can do eventho i have more mods, and i don't plan on visiting drag track any time soon to prove my bad drag skill hehe. what i like is road racing, drag strip is not where i belong.

as for bracket hitting CAI? i don't think i have that kinda problem
Old 10-06-2003, 02:56 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

oh sorry mang...seriously I thought you were the one I was thinking about....hmmmm. Who could it be?

I was under the impression that was a decent time with that setup? Anyways.. now I have to think of who it is on HAN or I'll go crazy...sorry again my bad.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:06 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

I figured it out...I was thinking of NSB type S....haha sorry bout the confuzon...
Old 10-06-2003, 03:13 PM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

yer my intake already has a groove in it. Thats b/c acura cant put back after market parts how they found them. :slap: I reinstalled it myself after my last trip to acura. Its okay for now. :thumbup:
Old 10-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

np

i think with my setup or his setup, a good driver should hit high 13, but it depends, driver, tires, how u set up the car ...
Old 10-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Originally posted by NSBTypeS
yer my intake already has a groove in it. Thats b/c acura cant put back after market parts how they found them. :slap: I reinstalled it myself after my last trip to acura. Its okay for now. :thumbup:
maybe u wanna tell ppl which dealer that is, usually dealer wouldn't touch the aftermarket parts.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:09 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally posted by Nein
maybe u wanna tell ppl which dealer that is, usually dealer wouldn't touch the aftermarket parts.
I was thinking the exact same thing before when I read his reply while at school...what dealer do you deal with? I've never heard of a service dep willing to work with a modded car unless it was ALL Comptech parts. :dunno: