Notices

grinding???

Old 09-27-2003, 04:00 AM
g2prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sorry honda_pilot if i dont know as much as u do and i never claimed that i did as u can read. EVen though u said some stuff to offend me..im not here to argue...like i said..IF you read my post earlier..i wanted to get an RSX type S and i was just wandering after reading all the probs that peepz are having..i was just curious if they changed to a different tranny fluid would help..id ont know if it does..maybe it does..maybe it doesnt..maybe its worse..thats why i want to know. I just want to know what kind of car and what kind of probs to look for if i get the car..thats all..
Old 09-28-2003, 08:30 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally posted by g2prince
im sorry honda_pilot if i dont know as much as u do and i never claimed that i did as u can read. EVen though u said some stuff to offend me..im not here to argue...like i said..IF you read my post earlier..i wanted to get an RSX type S and i was just wandering after reading all the probs that peepz are having..i was just curious if they changed to a different tranny fluid would help..id ont know if it does..maybe it does..maybe it doesnt..maybe its worse..thats why i want to know. I just want to know what kind of car and what kind of probs to look for if i get the car..thats all..

First of all I never directed any of my offensive posts towards you, but towards Honda Tech. Apologize for any misunderstanding.

honda tech: its not even worth arguing with you any more cause you may know your stuff but are still a jackass about it. A noob refers to the amount of posts you have in a particular forum, that is the manner in which I refered to you as a noob....noob.

You keep telling yourself you're making "bank" and I'll continue to laugh at you as you continue to be Honda's bitch. Go to school and maybe you'll learn what exactly a ""corporate ladder is.... you don't tune, race or build Hondas, you fix cars you can't afford...:booty: and maybe just maybe you'll one day become an assistant service manager....

move along...nothing to see here. Mods please close the thread its not useful to the original thread starter anymore...

sorry in advance to others looking for useful info in this thread, when we have jackasses come into our forums it becomes an inefficient domain for information...
Old 09-28-2003, 11:54 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

LMAO, okay boy whatever you say. BTW, i do race, tune and mod Honda's. I can afford every car I work on except maybe the NSX, and notice how I said maybe.... I never tried to get one, I'd rather own my own house than drive a exotic car.

Don't be jealous because you know I know Hondas/acuras maybe someday you could have the brainpower to actually have to fix cars for a living(probably never will happen). Until then go educate yourself with the lastest issue of IMPORT TUNER jackass.

Of yeah, I have a A.A. degree in Automotive technology, I'm a Master level ASE technician and I'm a Silver level Honda technician. So I don't think I need too much more school....thanks though for the suggestion.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:39 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Alright pal this is enough of the stupid jackass remarks. Lets not whore up the board and make it less fun for anyone else.

You will find if you knew me better that I represent the Opitomy (sp) anti-rice. I can't stand rice mags such as Import Tuner and Super Street. Don't accuse if you don't know. I read mags such as SCC and turbo high performance mag.

I'm sure you DO know more about Hondas than i and I never stated otherwise. I just stated in the original post of yours you were sounding like a jackass cause I'm sure not ALL tranny problems are from "yser abuse" and this holds true in my g/f's car.

The assonite statement you said about my girlfriend cheating on me was ignorant. We are planning on getting married and couldn't be happier. I only hope for eveyone else that they can experience such love and happiness as my g/f and I share...

The remark was uncalled for...

Lets go our own ways, and leave it at that.
Old 09-29-2003, 11:35 PM
NachoNut

ok now that everybody replying to this god damn post sounds like they are 5 years old can somebody give me some advice on the actual point of this thread, or how about towards the ONE question I had asked.
I am going in for a checkup to the dealership I had gotten my car from. Should i mention the grinding in my gears or not.
And to hondatech, I did not do this damage as of abuse because i had never abused my car or pushed it or anything. so according to that what should i do.

and please, on the behalf of everybody else.. stop all the bitching, it's just making you guys look stupid, so just drop it
Old 09-30-2003, 09:01 AM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

I would complaint even if you did do it, Acura knows ppl **** RSX's up, They will at least replace it once for free. I seen a guy with a type r get a free engine even after a parts guy had the guy on tape at a local track tearing the car up. Honda's sell good for a reason, try getting warr. from a chevy dealer....
Old 09-30-2003, 07:25 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally posted by hondatech
I would complaint even if you did do it, Acura knows ppl **** RSX's up, They will at least replace it once for free. I seen a guy with a type r get a free engine even after a parts guy had the guy on tape at a local track tearing the car up. Honda's sell good for a reason, try getting warr. from a chevy dealer....
Haha ^ good point but...Kia and Hyuindai (sp) offer 100,000 mile warranty's...but what good is that when your car will constantly be IN the shop getting fixed. I know its not the story with Honda but just making a point that not all warrantys are good one must start off with a reputable vehicle.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:36 AM
Beantown

hey so can either of you 2 please just answer the question that was asked about using synthetic tranny fluid, than the fluid that comes with the car???? or can anyone else answer this.....i'm sure there are heads in here that would like to know, i know i'm one of 'em.............
Old 10-01-2003, 01:48 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

I'll reply to your question, not answer it. Simply cause I don't really know...figure it this way. people put synthetic oil into their motor to help all the moving parts and to prolong all the seals. I don't know if the same goes for tranny fluid. So I say try it, it won't hurt so...come back with results. Anyone else have anything to offer?
Old 10-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

the tranny fluid used on rsx-s most likely not the synthetic, i 've asked acura mechanics to change my tranny fluid to Red Line synthetic, but he said if i do that, it won't be covered with warranty. so i think it's better to used up your warranty miles with the stock tranny fluid, and if u do experience a "lot" of grinding, just simply ask them to change one for you.

the stock engine oil doesn't look like synthetic either, but i think u have a option after 10k miles or so, that u can ask for their synthetic. i use Mobil 1, and a lot of ppl use it as well. what u really wanna change however, is the oil filter. OEM oil filter is Fram, a lot of ppl experienced problem with that oil filter, cracks..etc. so i'd suggest a either a cheap STP or expensive Mobil 1 filter.