Notices

ABS Light On

Old 02-08-2004, 03:36 PM
dawrenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Light On

My brother recently got in an accident with his 97 Integra GSR. His left front wheel got hit while it was turned. now when the car is on the ABS light is on. What do you think the problem could be?

Also the windshield washer does not work, It does not even make a sound. It used to make a sound when it was out of water but I don't even hear that now. We checked the fuse and the the connection and everything seemed fine. Why do you think it is not working?
Old 02-08-2004, 04:49 PM
timmy8151

Originally Posted by dawrenn
My brother recently got in an accident with his 97 Integra GSR. His left front wheel got hit while it was turned. now when the car is on the ABS light is on. What do you think the problem could be?

Also the windshield washer does not work, It does not even make a sound. It used to make a sound when it was out of water but I don't even hear that now. We checked the fuse and the the connection and everything seemed fine. Why do you think it is not working?
Could be a damaged ABS wheel sensor. However, the first thing you should do is pull the ABS code. To do this, you are going to have to find the green colored service connector. Its located by the kick panels on the passenger side. Once you find the connctor, you have to jump the connector. The easiest way to do this is by using a paperclip. Once the connector is jumped, you should see some flashes from the ABS light. A long flash=10 while a short flash=1, count the flashes and then get the ABS error code.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:07 PM
stockhonda

Sometimes the ABS light will appear in a flashing manner, just like the "CHECK ENGINE" light or Malfunction Indication Lamp (MIL). Much like the ECM, it's possible to check the code for problems with the ABS system.

For starters, locate the factory diagnostic plug next to the ECU for the Integra and Civic. It is located under the dashboard, to the right of the glove box. There is a two-pin connector that contains a brown and black wire.

Jump these two wires together and turn your key to the ON position.

Here is where it gets tricky. Deciphering the DTC (diagnostic trouble code) requires reading the light sequences. When the car is in the ON position, the ABS light emits two different flashes; a long extended flash means 10, and a rapid flash means 1. So, one long flash, another long flash, followed by 3 quick flash stands for...................23! Equipped with that information, here are the codes for '98-'01 models

DTC Location Symptom
11 FR Wheel sensor (open/short to body ground/short to power)
13 FL
15 RR
17 RL
12 FR Wheel Sensor (electrical noise/intermittent interruption)
14 FL
16 RR
18 RL
21 FR Pulser
22 FL
23 RR
24 RL
31 FR-IN Solenoid (short to body ground/short to wire)
32 FR-OUT
33 FL-IN
34 FL-OUT
35 RR-IN
36 RR-OUT
37 RL-IN
38 RL-OUT
41 FR Wheel Lock
42 FL
43 RR
44 RL
51 Wheel Lock
52 Motor Stuck OFF
53 Motor Stuck ON
54 Fail-safe Relay
61 Ignition Voltage
71 Different Diameter Tire
81 Central Processing Unit (CPU)

All of that, taken directly from here, courtesy of Gvtec from Team-Integra.net

As for the windshield washer sprayer;
are you sure it has fluid in it? you just might not be able to hear the pump.
The nozzles could be frozen, it has been very cold lately, park it in a garage, and see if it thaws out.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:54 AM
dawrenn

Originally Posted by stockhonda
As for the windshield washer sprayer;
are you sure it has fluid in it? you just might not be able to hear the pump.
The nozzles could be frozen, it has been very cold lately, park it in a garage, and see if it thaws out.
I am sure it has fluid in it, that is the first thing I did was put fluid in it. I used to always hear the pump. The nozzles are not frozen b/c it has not been cold here.

There was no damage to the bottle or any of the connectors. I don't know what the problem is.

I hope I will be able to figure out why the abs sensor is on and whe the windshield washers do not work b/c I am definitnly not going to take it to an Acura dealer, they will tell you to bend over when you wak in. I guess if I can't figure out the problem my brother will have to deal with the ABS light being on and non-working windshield washers.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:31 PM
dawrenn

To The Top
Old 02-09-2004, 07:10 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Check the code using the method posted above and you will at least have a starting point with diagnosing the problem.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:28 AM
SkunkedIntegra

I am having the same problem with the abs light. Just wondering, about how much does a wheel sensor run?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:07 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I had to replace one of my wheel sensors, I think it ran about $150 for the part.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:00 AM
dawrenn

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
I had to replace one of my wheel sensors, I think it ran about $150 for the part.
I got 2 of the for $25