Accord
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abs light wtf???

Old 06-21-2002, 05:56 AM
tim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs light wtf???

ok my abs light is on and the werid thing s its off when i start the car, its off when i back up. but when i go fwd and get to abotu 5mph the thing kicks in what theproblem anyone know
Old 06-21-2002, 09:24 AM
tim

wish it was that but its not
Old 06-21-2002, 06:34 PM
GrooveMaster

Sounds like your e-brake (parking brake) may be on, is your regular brake light(the dummy light) on? This will cause your ABS to fail, and turn on the ABS dummy light. SCCA racers use that trick to disable their ABS while racing.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:06 PM
TheBlazer

Wait, i dont understand... The abs doesnt work until you hit 5 MPH?
If thats the problem, that usually means your ABS Sensors are dead. The're little magnetic strips positioned neer the wheels to record the wheel speed, thus activating your ABS. The sensors must first get some wheel spin before they activate, so the ABS light would be off until you reach about 5 MPH, and since a sensor is broken, your ABS light comes on telling you to get it fixed. This is just one possibility, but ABS isnt really needed unless you drive in alot of snow/ice/blackice or slipery surface. None the less, its a good thing to have, so i suggest going to a mechanic to find out the problem
Old 06-21-2002, 08:16 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

yea, it's faulty i think, and i think it needs to be fixed. u don't realy need it though, like TheBlazer said, but it can be really helpful in some condition, go get a mech. check it out.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:17 PM
tim

it works til abotu 5phm. i live in ohio and we get werid weather luckly we had a mild winter so my car saw no ice w/ no abs
Old 07-23-2003, 03:03 PM
JMPOLYAK

Its your wheel sensor that is defective. This is caused by driving with the e-brake on, which damages the sensors . They cost about $100/part & $100/labor to repair, but you can do it yourself and save the labor.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:09 PM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by JMPOLYAK
Its your wheel sensor that is defective. This is caused by driving with the e-brake on, which damages the sensors . They cost about $100/part & $100/labor to repair, but you can do it yourself and save the labor.
there are a number of things that can trigger the abs light, including low abs fluid, bad solenoids, or damaged sensors. the speed sensor on my front right wheel of my bros accord was damaged when we took out the axles. we just never bothered to fix it
Old 08-11-2003, 07:22 PM
integramodder

Im not sure about accords. However, I know on integra's, you can close the circuit of the 2 wire plug which sits above the passenger side kick panel which puts the car into diagnotic mode.

Then you turn your ignition on and watch the pattern in which it blinks.

Check out this thread to get some more info about the code and decrypting it. You have to register for this site.

List of ABS diagonistic trouble codes

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...ArticleID=493&
Old 08-12-2003, 07:29 AM
AcCoRd93MaN

yea that same thing happened to my accord exceptmy abs and e-brake light stays on....and no i did not forget to put the e-brake down

Quick Reply: abs light wtf???