Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

D15B help

Old 02-19-2004, 03:17 PM
sbacchus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D15B help

sorry if these are dumb questions, i searched but couldn't find post dealing with my specific problems. i just swapped a D15B into a 94 civic EX that had a dead D16Z6. the swap was a complete longblock with tranny and wiring harness. i was going to use the jdm wiring harness when i realized it wouldn't work because some of the plugs were physically located on the wrong side of the car (RHD vs LHD). so i pulled the wiring harness off of the Z6 and connected it to the D15B. problem is i came up with one extra connecter

and one extra vacum hose

first problem is that in the first image the two plugs shown come off of the same wiring harness, dunno if i have the right one connected since they look the same. i think i found the missing part that these plug into on the old engine, anyone know what this is?

when i hooked all of this up with the usdm p28 ecu and usdm o2 sensor the car started right up but the check engine light was on and it seemed to be lacking power. so i swapped out the usdm ecu with the jdm ecu (still with usdm o2 sensor on) and it started right up with no check engine light. however it won't let me shift out of park now, the stick seems to be locked. does anyone have any ideas about what i should do? which ecu to use? which o2 sensor? what to do about the extra connector?

thanks.

Last edited by sbacchus; 02-19-2004 at 03:18 PM. Reason: forgot title
Old 03-03-2004, 10:16 PM
BlueCrxNC

That 'extra' plug you're holding in the first pic goes to your Purge Cut-Off Solenoid Valve that you circled in the last pic. The JDM D15B doesn't have provision for the solenoid. Use the USDM Ecu and swap the valve over to the new motor and tee off the FPR's vacuum line.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:51 PM
sbacchus

thanks for the reply, i found out that the lack of power was because the timing was off, fixed it today and everything runs great. i ended up swapping the USDM manifold onto the car and so the solenoid was not a problem. the only issue i have left is that the radiator fan is not turning on, where's sensor for this located?
Old 03-04-2004, 06:06 PM
BlueCrxNC

Originally Posted by sbacchus
the only issue i have left is that the radiator fan is not turning on, where's sensor for this located?
First, check to make sure the fan is plugged in... not that I'd know anything about that The sensors are in two places... One is on the passenger side of the head, at the front of that side almost under the upper radiator hose on the head... the second sensor is located on the back side of the thermostat housing... both plugs are two wire. if you need pics, let me know.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:12 PM
sbacchus

cool thanks for the info man, i'll try and find those tomrrow. i don't guess there is any way to diag them since they are probably on off type switches?
Old 03-04-2004, 06:25 PM
BlueCrxNC

Originally Posted by sbacchus
cool thanks for the info man, i'll try and find those tomrrow. i don't guess there is any way to diag them since they are probably on off type switches?
Number 11 and 12 are your two sensors; please ignore what motor that is... it's all the same