Thread: D15B help
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 03:17 PM
sbacchus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D15B help

sorry if these are dumb questions, i searched but couldn't find post dealing with my specific problems. i just swapped a D15B into a 94 civic EX that had a dead D16Z6. the swap was a complete longblock with tranny and wiring harness. i was going to use the jdm wiring harness when i realized it wouldn't work because some of the plugs were physically located on the wrong side of the car (RHD vs LHD). so i pulled the wiring harness off of the Z6 and connected it to the D15B. problem is i came up with one extra connecter

and one extra vacum hose

first problem is that in the first image the two plugs shown come off of the same wiring harness, dunno if i have the right one connected since they look the same. i think i found the missing part that these plug into on the old engine, anyone know what this is?

when i hooked all of this up with the usdm p28 ecu and usdm o2 sensor the car started right up but the check engine light was on and it seemed to be lacking power. so i swapped out the usdm ecu with the jdm ecu (still with usdm o2 sensor on) and it started right up with no check engine light. however it won't let me shift out of park now, the stick seems to be locked. does anyone have any ideas about what i should do? which ecu to use? which o2 sensor? what to do about the extra connector?

thanks.

Last edited by sbacchus; 02-19-2004 at 03:18 PM. Reason: forgot title