Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Deck Problem. Smoked.

Old 03-29-2004, 09:10 AM
SuperMario98Ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deck Problem. Smoked.

Alright here we go. Well just this weekend me and my friends were installing a screen in my car and well i took out the deck and removed the RCA's and cut some wires to hook up the screen. We got it to work and all but we could only hear from them from the back or front depending on were you put the RCA's, well any how i went to put all of them back and when i was putting the RCA the power wire went with it right as i was putting it in, Yeah i forgot to cover them up.

The deck smoked according to my friend. well the thing is i have warranty on it but i dont know what to say to the electronics store so they will fix it, Or exchange it. If anybody could give some Ideas that be cool.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:05 PM
john666
Drive it like u stole it.

Well. Deck smoked.. hmm if it still works it works.. if it doesnt.. I would go to the place that u bought it at. and tell them the unit didnt work when u installed it. Of course explain how ur a pro at installs and u dont leave bare wires loose and cant understand how it doesnt work, and ask if the stereo was a return or what not.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:02 AM
SuperMario98Ex

The stereo was an open item.
It's cool though I busted out the Multi-Meter and found out the problem I know how to do it. Dont worry i use the wire connectors and all that stuff and now I'll disconnect the power.

Now im working on putting on a screen and that went well.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:54 PM
john666

Excellent to hear.. welcome to the reckless watching tv-dvd while driving club..
Old 04-01-2004, 07:08 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by john666
Excellent to hear.. welcome to the reckless watching tv-dvd while driving club..
I hope too soon! The PS2 fits PERFECT in the glove box of the 6th gen Accord. There's room at the bottom of the glove box for the cables + exhaust fan. I've got a Lilliput 7" TFT monitor on order, going to shave down the mounting bracket and mount it between my sunglasses holder (never used. . .) and my sunroof.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:27 AM
SuperMario98Ex

Well I Dont have A PS2 but ill try and put in the X-box.

Now I got to think of where to put the monitor. I was thinking of putting it in between the cup holders and the tape deck.

Any suggestions?

Oh! and the power wire was the problem that SOB just burnt up thats where the smoke was coming from. So i had to improvise I put a direct current on it with an off an on press switch.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:03 PM
john666

SuperMario98Ex Cant you just connect the power wire to the fuse box area ? It might be better if you do it like that.. what type of car you putting this stuff in ? put sum pics up when u guys have a chance. i like to see peoples setups .
Old 04-05-2004, 09:12 AM
SuperMario98Ex

I did connect the wire to the fuse box. The wire Runs from the fuse box to a on/off switch then to the deck, Im thinking to reposition the switch by the hand brake.

Were working on the monitor. Im happy to say we screwed the panel up :doh: but I learned from it. Were gonna go with it for now until i can get to a junk yard, and find another.

I know some people are saying why dont ya just go to a shop. Money is not the point but the pride you get from saying i did that I did my car "that's all me" You know, im sure some other people feel me.
Weather you do a good job or not You learn from it, So when u get a new car you know how to do it and save more for other parts. " RIGHT"

Ill try to get some pics on here.

Oh and the car is a 98 Civic EX. olong: