Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

New Deck Question

Old 08-19-2003, 08:19 AM
pnthr30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Deck Question

Alright, it is time to get a new head unit and I am looking for suggestions.........first a little background

1. The deck that I have in now is a Pioneer DEH-P7000R. This deck is/was fine, but there is something wrong with the RCA connections inside the deck so I need to get a new one.
2. I am not into sound competitions or shows, so I don't need something with all kinds of crazy stuff that I am not going to use. I just want a simple to use, simple looking deck (the simpler to use the better - I have crossovers in my amps so I don't need to be able to do as much fine tuning as I can do now - right now I can change the frequency curves and all kinds of other unecessary stuff to me).
3. I am running two amps (Rockford Fosgate 400a4 for the front and rear speakers and a Rockford Fosgate 250a2 for the box - one 12" dual voice coil in a bandpass).
4. My only real criteria is that the deck has to have 3 pre-outs of at least 4Volts each..........I would like a wireless remote as I have become attached to mine now, but it is not entirely necessary.
5. I want to spend less than $300............

Any suggestions? Models recommended? Places to look at getting a deck?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:28 AM
Josher

Alpine CDA-9811 meets your requirements, but its about $320. Take a look at Crutchfield to do deck to deck feature comparisons, then check best buy and circuit city and compare prices.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:50 PM
crx304
larger than avg member!

if you like the pioneer 7000 you have stick w/ what you know and visit this place. they are currently running a special on pioneer decks, which is my personal preference!!! BTW the pioneer 7 series ROCKS!!!
mike