Notices

03 Civic Si air mix linkage binding, climate temp not switching

Old 10-13-2021, 11:58 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Civic Si air mix linkage binding, climate temp not switching

Hi everyone! As the title suggests, I’m having an issue with my climate control temperature, well specifically it’s the “Air mix linkage” as Honda officially calls it.
I believe I’ve narrowed it down to a little brown gear which is binding a bit, causing resistance and not allowing the blend door actuator to pull the linkage/gear up so the heater control valve can open.
I’ve sprayed some silicon into the gears themselves, which did help a bit, but the brown colored gear seems to hit some resistance when turning which I’m not sure why? I’ve attached photos for reference.
Now, I can turn the assembly by hand, but it is indeed a bit difficult to turn that brown gear, but all the other white gears move freely.
I’m guessing the gear is attached to the blend door itself which may mean I need to remove the heater core assembly to either clean the blend door hinges or clear a blockage, or replace the entire heater core assembly itself, but not 100% sure.

Any advice as to what it could be would/what do check next (to potential prevent removing the heater core and dashboard lol)would be greatly appreciated!

Also: here’s a video of the linkage which hopefully gives some clue as to what it could be.. As a note, I haven’t removed the innermost white gear because I was afraid of messing up some alignment to the brown gear, but I will likely try that next to see if I can remove the brown gear and maybe clean it out.

Last edited by RevengeCRX; 10-14-2021 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:46 PM
zamjou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the issue of: No hotness, and might want to request some investigating help. The warmer blows tepid air. Whenever I turn the temperature control to cold, it blows cold air. Whenever I turn it the control to hot, it blows tepid air, there is an observable distinction, yet it's not quite so hot as it ought to be.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox