Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

John Kerry's comments

Old 11-03-2006, 02:55 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MellowGold
Don't get me wrong, I understand completely. In fact, I am actually really conservative when it comes to economics. Social issues are another matter.
hmm.. at first glance that's like playing both sides of the same coin. care to elaborate.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:34 AM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by Bl@ck
hmm.. at first glance that's like playing both sides of the same coin. care to elaborate.
Socially I am for gay marriage, I am pro-choice, I think military financing needs to be restructured somehow, I am totally against teaching intelligent design and censorship. Plus, I have an extremely skeptic view of a lot of government 'security' issues, such as the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping.

Economically? I understand the need to have tax cuts in certain areas, I believe in welfare reform (I am not totally against it though...and it is probably more of a social issue), and I believe in less government interference in business. In short, I am a Rand fan

I guess I could be classified as a much more moderate Libertarian
Old 11-03-2006, 11:43 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
ugh...regardless, this is just like when the republicans attacked Al Gore for his "I invented the internet" comment. Some people still think that Al Gore thought he invented the internet. He fucking invented the legistlation that passed public internet access. A minor slip of words, a mix up of context, and the republicans start yelling and screaming like whiney bitches.
This can be said about any politician regardless of political affiliation.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I think that this would be a big deal if this was the first time Kerry made disparaging remarks against the troops, but now that he has a history of doing it now it is a pattern and people have even more reason to question if these really are Freudian slips of the tongue or his actual contempt for the military.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by MellowGold
Socially I am for gay marriage, I am pro-choice, I think military financing needs to be restructured somehow, I am totally against teaching intelligent design and censorship. Plus, I have an extremely skeptic view of a lot of government 'security' issues, such as the Patriot Act and warrantless wiretapping.

Economically? I understand the need to have tax cuts in certain areas, I believe in welfare reform (I am not totally against it though...and it is probably more of a social issue), and I believe in less government interference in business. In short, I am a Rand fan

I guess I could be classified as a much more moderate Libertarian
Hi Bill Clinton....I wish I could meet you in person and not on a message board, but I think that the points you stand for are the exact views of of the post administration.

...btw, your not a liberatarian. Your a lot like me, a freedom fighter, much like liberatarians, but the ambition is much stronger. Liberatarians want a US like the wild west. While it works in theory, it fails in reality.

IMO, you are right in your thoughts and I'm right along side u. Just be-carefull as to what party you start saying your a part of.\

The Clinton administration had us on the right path....this current administration radically destroyed the United States.

...and just for comfort, Clinton and the house agreed on welfare reform....yes, remember the clinton administration got rid of welfare. Interestingly enough, Clinton met both houses half way. The house represents the rest of us....isn't that the way it's supposed to be? Call me crazy, but isn't the president suppose to be a public servant?

woops...we let a dictator in here....dunno when that happened. Apparently, we are now under martial law....we aren't allowed to question this administration. When did the president become our mom and dad? I thought that this was what our fore fathers faught against? I thought that the elitist brits is what we fought against and shed blood over....some how I feel that we are loosing this. it's time we stand up and fight.

good god....god bless the Kennedy's...if only Bobby wasn't shot and killed...ironically during a anti-republican—anti-neo con rally.... won and if only those "public servants" ran this administration...this world would be at peace and we wouldn't be arguing.

Last edited by Duff Man; 11-03-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:36 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

The Clinton administration had us on the right path....this current administration radically destroyed the United States.
That's one of the funniest things i've ever read. seriously
Old 11-04-2006, 04:37 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Bl@ck
That's one of the funniest things i've ever read. seriously
Seriously, actually I think the reverse is true.

Originally Posted by DuffMan
woops...we let a dictator in here....dunno when that happened. Apparently, we are now under martial law....we aren't allowed to question this administration. When did the president become our mom and dad? I thought that this was what our fore fathers faught against? I thought that the elitist brits is what we fought against and shed blood over....some how I feel that we are loosing this. it's time we stand up and fight.

good god....god bless the Kennedy's...if only Bobby wasn't shot and killed...ironically during a anti-republican—anti-neo con rally.... won and if only those "public servants" ran this administration...this world would be at peace and we wouldn't be arguing.
Are you serious? Where do you have any evidence to back up A) Bush is a dictator (I missed when he got rid of Congress, the Supreme Court and State Governments), B) we are under martial law (I missed when that was declared) C) that people cannot question the administration (I guess Michael Moore, moveon.org, George Soros, Barbare Streisand, Keith Olberman, the Dixie Chicks, Cindy Sheahan, etc., etc., etc. are all displaying unflinching loyalty for the President) D) that our President is our Mom and Dad (When did he change his party affiliation to Democrat and start raising taxes so the government can provide and regulate everything for you? Missed that too)

And God Bless the Kennedys? Are you on crack man? JFK was a true man with a backbone, cutting taxes and some of the biggest in history (you get murdered by the left today doing that), being strong on defense a-la that Cuban Missle Crisis (Democrats today would not risk a war with anyone) and not wanting to be your guardian and provider - "Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country!" I cannot say about Bobby because he was killed too early in life but ever since JFK the Kennedy family has gone down hill. Teddy is a murdering drunk and if his last name was not Kennedy would never have made it out of the House and into the Senate. Every other Kennedy since has also been a drunk fool from the drunken rapes at the compound to the the 2AM drunken driving into security barricades, to the squabling over the Kennedy fortune, to being an environmentalist yet opposing Cape Wind. The Kennedy family has turned into a joke and I am sure the true Kennedys Joe Sr., Joe Jr., and JFK are rolling over in their graves at what the current incarnation of the family is doing.

Last edited by DVPGSR; 11-04-2006 at 04:49 AM.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 PM
gettheledout

kerry makes me lol

agreed, questioning airport security warrants the death penalty imo

Last edited by gettheledout; 11-05-2006 at 05:54 PM.