Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

John Kerry's comments

Old 11-01-2006, 06:00 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John Kerry's comments

Who here thinks the recent "botched" comments that John Kerry made will make a difference in the upcoming elections? Some are saying it will but I don't believe they will make a difference. I think people have already made up their minds. I also think Republicans are just taking advantage of this opportunity to get the spotlight off of all their recent screw ups.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:51 AM
fjm1
G35

We need the comments in question please
Old 11-01-2006, 07:05 AM
reno96teg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

john kerry is an arrogant, useless idiot.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Sadly this is nothing surprising to me and really shows his true colors. He is not sorry for saying it but rather that his true intentions are known. Had this been said by a Republican the news media would be all over it like the Mark Foley story keeping it in the news way longer than it needed to be. But the MSM will bury it as fast as they can unless the SWIFT boat vets jump on it and single handedly keep it in the news.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:07 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

somebody bitch slap his Liberal ass:wtcslap:

what a dumb ass!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Sadly this is nothing surprising to me and really shows his true colors. He is not sorry for saying it but rather that his true intentions are known. Had this been said by a Republican the news media would be all over it like the Mark Foley story keeping it in the news way longer than it needed to be. But the MSM will bury it as fast as they can unless the SWIFT boat vets jump on it and single handedly keep it in the news.
I wouldn't think this would be in the news any longer than most stories. The Foley story was different in that it kept unfolding new evidence of things like this person knew about this back when or that person tried to cover it up, etc. This is just a one time slip of the lip. Besides we all know FOX will try to keep this in the news as long as possible just like ABC tried to keep the Foley case alive as long as possible.

I do think what he did was stupid especially so close to the election. He should've been more careful and read his script word for word and not try to shorten it and risk any political fall out.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:41 AM
fjm1
G35

Bah, the retard can't even read his lines. What a mess he has caused. It'll be front page for as long as the Republicans can milk it.

In the future, if he's trying to make fun of Bush, all he's gotta do is say "nuclear".
Old 11-01-2006, 11:52 AM
reno96teg

Originally Posted by Big AL
I do think what he did was stupid especially so close to the election. He should've been more careful and read his script word for word and not try to shorten it and risk any political fall out.
the original script basically says the same thing. i'll try to find it...
Originally Posted by fjm1
Bah, the retard can't even read his lines. What a mess he has caused. It'll be front page for as long as the Republicans can milk it.

In the future, if he's trying to make fun of Bush, all he's gotta do is say "nuclear".
and it's hilarious that kerry is the one that fucked up, yet some liberals are immediately spinning it against the GOP with comments such as, "It'll be front page for as long as the Republicans can milk it."

Last edited by reno96teg; 11-01-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:01 PM
fathergoat
:3

Kerry back stab the troops? nah he would never do that

Old 11-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Big AL
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by reno96teg
the original script basically says the same thing.
No it doesn't. I copied this from the CNN website:

He said: "You know, education -- if you make the most of it, you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well.
"If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

A Kerry aide said the senator was supposed to say, "I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

I understand politicians never say word for word what their script says and it's obvious with the way Bush talks but politicians should know to be careful especially around election time and that's why I think it was so stupid for him to do that.