Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

John Kerry's comments

Old 11-01-2006, 01:36 PM
MellowGold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reno96teg
what the hell are you talking about?
...wow. The concept is simple.

News agencies are under no obligation to report unbias news. Do you understand this? I hope I am not moving too fast.

You, as a citizen of the United States, are allowed to own and operate your OWN news agency! Sure, it takes money, but it has been done before. Actually, it could be argued that if you can not create and run a successful news agency, you do not deserve to have one!

To wrap this up:
1. You do not like 'evil liberal bias' that has invaded every news agency except FOX.
2. You are allowed to run your own news agency in order to provide people with a more conservative viewpoint on the world.
3. Your choices are simple: Do something about it or stop bitching.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:06 PM
reno96teg

Originally Posted by MellowGold
:blah:
...wow. where do i begin?

the original topic of this thread was about kerry's outrageous remarks. somewhere along the line -- mind you, after i simply agreed with someone else's comment on the liberal media -- you decided to personally attack me.

you made ridiculous suggestions, such as, i should start my own media outlet, and i reacted to your statements as such. the irony here is that if you followed your own advice, you wouldn't be "bitching" either. do you understand this? i hope i am not moving too fast.

you then had the gall to take your attacks a step further and to talk down to me and insult me like i'm some clueless kid who has yet to earn any real world experience.

to wrap this up:
1. you are a tool who has some serious growing up to do.
2. if you were standing right here next to me, i would smash your smug little prepubescent face in.
3. welcome to my ignore list.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
MellowGold

Originally Posted by reno96teg
to wrap this up:
1. you are a tool who has some serious growing up to do.
2. if you were standing right here next to me, i would smash your smug little prepubescent face in.
3. welcome to my ignore list.
I didn't realize you were above personal attacks. My bad.

Smash my prepubescent face in? :lmfao:

Ignore list? Agreed. There are more intelligent people on this board.

BTW, I wasn't talking to you at first. But whateva
Old 11-01-2006, 04:57 PM
fathergoat
:3

Originally Posted by MellowGold
Earn them. That is the way this country works. Deal with it.

We are capitalist and news agencies are privitized, remember? I do not like FOX News, so I do not watch it. It is as simple as that.
Oh the irony. I will remember this thread in the future.

And just for the record Mr. Kerrys comments made me mad but I do not find them offensive...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Duff Man

If we want to talk about media, I'll lay it out for you:

Radio — corporate conglomerate
cable news — corporate conglomerate
Printed Publication — corporate conglomerate

...a little example, from Newsweeks website thank you:

Newsweek covers for the week of Oct 2 2006....
corporate conglomerate — conservative bias, privatly owned, profits, dollars...it's simple.

Public media, PBS, NPR — moderate and in danger of becoming extinct thanks to radical republicans.

All of you guy's bashing media and calling it "liberal" are sevearly missinformed.

Thanks to Reagan and his legislation that killed investigative journalism and free press, we have very little outlets to follow.

Back on topic, the Bush team is relying on poor kids to enlist in the military services. While many of the troops are very educated, the mass majority come from broken homes, poor families, and troubled lifestyles. Bush's PR team has spent billions in advertising and marketing to appeal to these kids. This is not a positive thing and not something that any american should be proud of.

Last edited by Duff Man; 11-01-2006 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Buyimports2

F*ck it. Kerry Spoke his mind. How many polititians do you know that say what they really think and not what they want you to think they think.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:10 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

:rofl: at reno's ownage

Originally Posted by Buyimports2
F*ck it. Kerry Spoke his mind. How many polititians do you know that say what they really think and not what they want you to think they think.
So if I'm racist it's okay for me to go into the middle of a wal-mart and start ranting and raving racial slurs? As long as I'm speaking my mind...
Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Buyimports2

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
:rofl: at reno's ownage

So if I'm racist it's okay for me to go into the middle of a wal-mart and start ranting and raving racial slurs? As long as I'm speaking my mind...
No, it's not.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:44 PM
2001TEGGSR

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
According to the first amendment it is. I believe the democrats took that from us though.

The media is one sided. They make there own decisions on what stories to cover, and how to describe them based on the popular audience. The pressure comes from everybody those reporters work for. It's a job, when you work for somebody you listen to them.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:20 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Originally Posted by rebeld
ABC- liberal
NBC - liberal
CBS - liberal
CNN - liberal
Fox - moderate
corrected