Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Old 01-07-2004, 06:04 AM
HondaHater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correction: This is what should have been quoted in my last post. Not used to the "quote" buttone being on the bottom of the post. Most boards I visit (including the one I run) it's on the top... Sorry

Originally posted by redgoober4life
They could always ask Chrysler nicely for a 2.4 DOHC turbo from the SRT-4 :rick: But not likely. I know the Galant is a 4 door, but it has that neo-mitsu look to it. I'm not sure whether it's good or bad.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:00 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally posted by HondaHater
I also find it interesting that everyone is calling the Eclipse a "poser" car. It's in the same class as the prelude, rsx and celica. Guess those are poser cars too huh?

Personally, I love my eclipse. Great power and great torque (which is more than the other three mentioned cars can say). Wish they would have made an AWD one with a 6-speed
To be blunt, it's considered to be a poser car because it's a 2-door Galant posing as a sporty coupe.

The awd Eclipse was dropped because only 15% of the second generation cars were turbos, and only 5% of those 15% were awd. Not exactly a hot seller. So when the new version came out they made it more friendly to your average car driver, but made it look like a sport coupe so people could either trick themselves into thinking that's what it was, or pretend it is to others.

The reason cars like the Prelude, RSX and Celica are not "poser" cars is because they are actually capable of handling well.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:06 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

what gen eclipse do you have? the stock fwds get overlooked b/c they don't have the potential that the awd turbos do

being a turbo and n/a driver you also have to seperate those cars out as they are completely different animals...honda makes great n/a engines

as for saying the rsx and prelude have no torque is nonsense...they have enough down low torque to get the car moving...rsx being only ~2800lbs and a 2.0 and the lude vtecs being only ~2,900lbs and a 2.2 liter makes them pretty quick...the celica i will agree that down low there's not much going on...but it is only 2,500lbs stock so that helps mitigate its peaky engine