Notices

• Integra Tech: [Read and post your basic questions here.]

Old 09-14-2005, 07:51 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to replace the timing belt at 90k.
Yes. There's a time interval as well, according to my local Acura dealer.

So to be safe, replace the belt every 90K miles OR every six years, whichever comes first.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:57 AM
KaBlookie
4-doors ROCK

Originally Posted by MarshyTheKid
squeekage and a scraping noise when I back up. Previously the noise was from the backing plate but they said no it wasn't that, it was my I took my car into Altons at the beginning of the summer because ofbrake calipers. They said that they are too stiff and I need to get new ones early winter at the latest. So here I am, before winter looking forbrake calipers.

I need to get cheap quality calipers. How much do they cost on average for all four? This is for a 94 Sedan. I plan on changing them myself since I don't trust any of the garages around me, not even the dealers(They are overpriced and do horrible work). How hard is it of a job? I will probobly be getting an impact hammer, I heard that its hard to take the calipers off without one.
So what websites would be a good deal to buy from?
You shouldn't need an impact hammer to do the brake calipers...I did my rear caliper (and took off the other three to check for stuff) with a $20 torque wrench from Autozone. I can't tell you of a good place online to get the stuff since i don't really know of one, but you might be able to find a store that sells new/remanufactured calipers for much much cheaper than it would be from the dealerships. I got a new rear caliper for $199 from this place near me, $100 of which was a core charge that I got back when I gave them my old, seized caliper.

hope this helps some
Old 09-19-2005, 05:09 PM
cruserfier

Hope Anyone Can Help. My Acura Makes Like A Rattle Noise From Under The Car. I Read It Comes From The Heat-metal Shield. Would It Hurt If I Remove The Shield Of? Would The Carpet Overheat?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:16 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by cruserfier
Hope Anyone Can Help. My Acura Makes Like A Rattle Noise From Under The Car. I Read It Comes From The Heat-metal Shield. Would It Hurt If I Remove The Shield Of? Would The Carpet Overheat?
I wouldn't remove the heat shields if I were you. Not only do they protect the car, they also help to dissipate heat when the car is parked.

Take the car into a muffler shop and have them tack-weld the shield back on. Probably a 10 minute, $10 job at most.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:42 PM
Schwa
Schiggity

On the contrary Dave, I just made a thread about this and there seems to be no harm in removing the heat shield. Since it is from under the car, I am assuming this is the heat shield around the catalytic converter. If that is indeed the case, then the heat shield is there to keep the cat hot so that the reactions taking place inside it take place more efficiently. Removing it at worst would harm your emissions.

Tack welding it would only be a temporary fix, when you consider that the heat shield is rattling because it is corroding. It can (and eventually will) just corrode more in spite of the welds and just start rattling again.

I would suggest taking it off and just be careful if you need to park in tall grass that it doesn't light the grass on fire.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:12 PM
ProjectG2

I have to agree with the last post by schwa. The only other thing you could do is get a catco high flow... but I'm sure that will spark more conversation
Old 09-22-2005, 06:29 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default replacing the air filter with a K&N

I desperately need to replace the dirty air filter on my short ram intake that I have on my '94 GSR. The filter on there right now is some cheap Autozone or whatever generic conical filter. I would like to replace the filter with a K&N but I'm not sure which one to get. I want to make sure I get one that will fit before I order it. Anyone happen to have the part number for a K&N filter that would work well? I'm pretty sure the intake tube I have has a 3 inch diameter. I looked around on the k&n website for a while but I'm still not sure which one would be best...
Old 09-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Just take the dimensions of your current filter and buy a K&N replacement with the same dimensions. As long as the piping diameter is right and you have plenty of clearance, any length should be fine.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:56 AM
zz1800

Default 1990 Acura Integra

I have a 1990 Integra.. Replaced both fuel pump and relay.. Still do not have voltage at pump.. After I replaced relay it started fine, came out this morning and it would not start.. It also has aftermarket alarm that states it will enable the starter.. but the Haynes book says the factory alarm will disable the fuel system but it does not say how to reset the factory alarm. Can someone help??

zz1800@yahoo.com
Old 09-26-2005, 06:08 PM
kem1020

Default DTC code

Can you help with DTC codes? I recently failed emissions with a P0181. Can this be fixed w/out going to the dealer? 2001 model. Thanks!