Notices

• Integra Tech: [Read and post your basic questions here.]

Old 08-19-2005, 09:00 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemsky01
I got someone to replace the power antenna with just a regular rubber one. I broke it off this last winter. Are you saying that all I have to do is unscrew the antenna from the outside and I will be able pull the piece inside the car through the hole??? I would think you would have to get at it from somewhere else but I hope I'm wrong. It is a 1991 Acura Integra GS.
You should be able to. I know on the 3rd gens that you just remove the cap at the base of the antenna and then pull. If you cannot see the mast after removing the trunk panels, you will need to get at it from the outside.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Redblurr
Più Allentato

how much tranny fluid is usually used in a 91 automatic. im a bit confused on some posted instructions. thanks.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Redblurr
how much tranny fluid is usually used in a 91 automatic. im a bit confused on some posted instructions. thanks.
2.7 quarts for fluid change

5.4 quarts for overhaul.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:39 PM
Redblurr
Più Allentato

thanks for ur help schmoo
Old 08-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Tanker

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
And yes, to avoid the possbility of electrical shock, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery whenever you're working on the car's electrical system.
I doubt there are any risk of a lethal electrical shock from the car battery or from a standard Honda ignition coil. It's simpler to turn off the ignition.

But if you're working near the ignition switch then it's a good idea to disconnect the negative battery since you could burn yourself or blow the fuses if your screw driver shorted the exposed ignition terminals.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by Tanker
I doubt there are any risk of a lethal electrical shock from the car battery or from a standard Honda ignition coil. It's simpler to turn off the ignition.

But if you're working near the ignition switch then it's a good idea to disconnect the negative battery since you could burn yourself or blow the fuses if your screw driver shorted the exposed ignition terminals.
Getting shocked sucks, whether it is lethal or not. Disconnecting the negative battery terminal takes 10 seconds at the most and it will eliminate any chances of shocks or blown fuses.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Redblurr
Più Allentato

i got shocked when i touched the distributor cap when the enginge was on. Is that normal or is the distributor bad???
Old 08-23-2005, 09:38 AM
95RSCoupe

Default CV Axles

Can anyone recommend a place where I can buy new / rebuilt cv axles for my 95? I know there are a ton of online stores and I know ebay is a good source, but I wanted to get my axles through a reputable source. Thanks guys.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:44 PM
gsrdriver1995

I was wondering how much it costs to get your valves adjusted
Old 08-25-2005, 08:08 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Default Brake Calipers

squeekage and a scraping noise when I back up. Previously the noise was from the backing plate but they said no it wasn't that, it was my I took my car into Altons at the beginning of the summer because ofbrake calipers. They said that they are too stiff and I need to get new ones early winter at the latest. So here I am, before winter looking forbrake calipers.

I need to get cheap quality calipers. How much do they cost on average for all four? This is for a 94 Sedan. I plan on changing them myself since I don't trust any of the garages around me, not even the dealers(They are overpriced and do horrible work). How hard is it of a job? I will probobly be getting an impact hammer, I heard that its hard to take the calipers off without one.
So what websites would be a good deal to buy from?

Last edited by M@rshy; 08-25-2005 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Apparently I can't spell