Notices

Crunching/Squeaking Noise from Suspension?

Old 04-10-2004, 01:15 AM
DaCatz8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crunching/Squeaking Noise from Suspension?

Hey all, I have a '96 LS teg. I ride on Eibach Pro-Kits with Koni Yellows. I also do have a Camber Kit, but not sure the brand as they were installed at my shop I went to. Anyways, my teg makes a lot of noise every time I drive. I back out of a driveway, at the end where the bump of the drive meets the street, the car will make what sounds like a crunching noise in the suspension as I go over the bump. Its the same way with going over any speed bumps. Now as I'm driving down any road that is even slightly bumpy or uneven I will hear a slight creak/crunch noise too. Also when I accelerate fast and shift gears fast or stop fast to any extent, I'll hear the creak/crunch noise too. Basically the only time I dont hear this noise is when I am driving on a perfectly smooth road driving at a steady but not fast pace. If I drive normally and then just floor it, the noise will be heard. It is really annoying as hell. By the way I have only had the springs/shocks for about 8-9 months and I bought them new. I have had this noise for a long time now, I just thought I'd wait and see if the noise would stop after the springs/shocks settled in, but it has never stopped. Also, I have ridden on the Koni's on its softest setting for comfort and today I changed to the firmest setting, and I hear less of the noise, but I still hear it a lot.......not to mention the ride is unbearable on the firmest setting (obviously) so I dont want to ride around on that. What could be the problem? Bad Springs? Bad Shocks? Should I get coilovers instead? Would that get rid of the problem? And if so, should I get a true coilover system? Any help is greatly aprreciated.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:28 AM
Justin_a
shaved

I think it's the camber kit. My car does the same exact thing, right after the kit was installed. Myself and a couple of friends installed the kit, and when I took it to a shop for an adjustment/alignment, the guy said the creaking was due to the bushings needed to be greased real well with some silicone gel. It should have been done at the time of the installment, but I haven't got around to trying to grease it up a little to try. I even hear the creaking when I shut my doors !
Old 04-10-2004, 05:17 AM
DaCatz8

Originally Posted by Justin_a
I think it's the camber kit. My car does the same exact thing, right after the kit was installed. Myself and a couple of friends installed the kit, and when I took it to a shop for an adjustment/alignment, the guy said the creaking was due to the bushings needed to be greased real well with some silicone gel. It should have been done at the time of the installment, but I haven't got around to trying to grease it up a little to try. I even hear the creaking when I shut my doors !
Haha, me too. Thanks, this just might be the answer to my problems.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:11 AM
b00gers

if you have the ingalls style kit, you have to do more than spray lube on it. you have to take the whole kit part and grease the insides of it. its not a hard thing to do, but more time consuming then just spraying on grease.

what you do is remove the kit. you will see a metal cylinder that the bolt goes through. tap out that cylinder, and grease the inside of the hole of where it sits. and be generious with the lube. let me see if i can find the DIY that agent87 made.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:14 AM
b00gers

there we go.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ght=camber+kit