Old 04-10-2004, 01:15 AM
DaCatz8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crunching/Squeaking Noise from Suspension?

Hey all, I have a '96 LS teg. I ride on Eibach Pro-Kits with Koni Yellows. I also do have a Camber Kit, but not sure the brand as they were installed at my shop I went to. Anyways, my teg makes a lot of noise every time I drive. I back out of a driveway, at the end where the bump of the drive meets the street, the car will make what sounds like a crunching noise in the suspension as I go over the bump. Its the same way with going over any speed bumps. Now as I'm driving down any road that is even slightly bumpy or uneven I will hear a slight creak/crunch noise too. Also when I accelerate fast and shift gears fast or stop fast to any extent, I'll hear the creak/crunch noise too. Basically the only time I dont hear this noise is when I am driving on a perfectly smooth road driving at a steady but not fast pace. If I drive normally and then just floor it, the noise will be heard. It is really annoying as hell. By the way I have only had the springs/shocks for about 8-9 months and I bought them new. I have had this noise for a long time now, I just thought I'd wait and see if the noise would stop after the springs/shocks settled in, but it has never stopped. Also, I have ridden on the Koni's on its softest setting for comfort and today I changed to the firmest setting, and I hear less of the noise, but I still hear it a lot.......not to mention the ride is unbearable on the firmest setting (obviously) so I dont want to ride around on that. What could be the problem? Bad Springs? Bad Shocks? Should I get coilovers instead? Would that get rid of the problem? And if so, should I get a true coilover system? Any help is greatly aprreciated.