Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

which headers?

Old 12-29-2002, 09:57 AM
ferrealb16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jealous cause you cant drift?

its ok, if you need lessons, just let me know and ill help you learn how.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:29 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

You drive a front wheel drive car.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:00 PM
ferrealb16

Originally posted by MrFatBooty
You drive a front wheel drive car.
i do. but thanks for perfectly illustrating my point. you only think rwd cars can drift...you still have a lot to learn.

why dont you go out to an empty road with a sharp right or left hand turn. mash on the gas. when comin up on the turn, pass your normal braking point, press the clutch in, down shift to 2nd, let out the clutch slowly, and turn in. voila, the ass end will start to slide around. when it does, let the clutch out all the way and throw the car sideways. point your wheels to where you want to go, mash the gas, and get ready to shift. the back end will come around in time. when you get good at controlling your car during dry conditions, go out when it is pouring and do that in the middle of heavy traffic and dont hit anyone. the day you do that without putting a ding in your car or anyone else's, talk to me, because that is when you will be worthy.

high speed drift-head into your high speed bend or corner. carry about 15-20/25 mph more than you usually would, making sure the engine is revved up. turn in at the exact same time you let off the gas. if your car is balanced properly (stiff springs in the front/lesser rate in the rear) the ass end will slide ever so slightly, get back on the gas. but you have to control gas just right to keep the drift.

or you can take the easy way out, pull up on the ebrake, steer in and be a girl.
Old 12-29-2002, 03:43 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

You ever see 'Office Space'? You're like that guy who wants to make that jump to conclusions mat.

All I said was that you drive a front wheel drive car. You came to the conclusion that I said front wheel drive cars can't drift. You can hang the ass end out on any car, it's really not that hard. Hell, they have a Pontiac Grand Am doing it in a commercial. It's called oversteer.

"Drift" in reference to crazy people in Japan driving with the ass hanging out is a misnomer probably created in the translation. An actual drift is when all four tires are sliding at the same slip angle.

Oversteer, which is what you are talking about, is slow. Especially in a front wheel drive car.

Perhaps with this added information you now are able to understand my original statement.

If you would like to start your own thread rather than totally derail other ones, go ahead.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:04 PM
VtecApprentice

Originally posted by ferrealb16
why dont you go out to an empty road with a sharp right or left hand turn. mash on the gas. when comin up on the turn, pass your normal braking point, press the clutch in, down shift to 2nd, let out the clutch slowly, and turn in. voila,
dun even rev match your RPM and just down shift :dunno: . . . that makes me think twice of all your so call 'Technical knowledge' . . . qtiger n fatbooty :thumbup:
Old 12-29-2002, 06:42 PM
-KangaRod-
Captain

I wont get into it too much, but using larger valves shrouds them, and is detremental to overall flow, and as for the valve cut, I've heard everything from 3-angle, to 5-angle, to radius. One question though, what is the difference between formed elbows and mandrel bends?
Old 12-30-2002, 07:27 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Nothing that I know of. You have to form the elbow on something, usually the bends you buy pre-formed have been done on a mandrel.

Anyway we have gone so far beyond the scope of the original topic this is ludicrous. The guy just wanted to know if a particular bolt on header is a good piece.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:31 AM
ferrealb16

for vtecapprentice, when you are throwin down shifts like that, you touch 4th and 3rd, then punch your revs up to match what they would be in 2nd, and let your clutch out.

and wrong fatbooty, when done correctly, youll throw yourself into a drift, and yes i do know what drift is. i was driftin go carts before you got your drivers license probably. like i said, when you can do that in the rain, and throw yourself sideways before even reaching the turn, but still maintaining your lane thru the turn, youll be on my level and ready to talk and hold a conversation with me. cause see driving a car is to balance a car, thats it. the first time i visited this site i saw that one of your "know-it-all moderators had just learned that when taking an apex of a turn that is on a ridge you should keep your foot on the gas to keep the car from "jumping" up.

for everyone who doubts my knowledge, ive taken the time to read a few books, the most important being Race Car Vehicle Dynamics. this book covers everything from tires to aerodynamics to balance to cog to differentials to drive wheels to steering angles to cornering. it breaks down the effects of different steering systems to different differentials to even what type of powerband you'll be using.

keep on telling me i dont know what im talking about and either ill leave this page because most everyone doesnt have a clue, but yet they will open their mouth as if they do, or ill be such a condescending azzhole youll revoke my right to speak here.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:36 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Please get a clue. Nobody here has claimed you don't know what you're talking about. You're so keyed up on being the "top dawg" that you're posting wrong information which is being corrected, that's all. I've already said in another thread that I know you're a smart guy and you know what you're talking about. Did you bother to read that all the way through or did you just skim that too? If your ego is so big that you can't handle getting corrected by someone on the freaking internet then I don't know what to tell you. I've been very patient with you and yet you continue with this childish attitude. Just chill out dude. Now if you want to start your own thread instead of ruining other ones go ahead. Otherwise, stop.

To the original poster, I'm sorry but this thread has to be locked.