Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Nos Users!!!!!!!!!! Read!!!

Old 04-29-2005, 05:49 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nos Users!!!!!!!!!! Read!!!

I need to know "THE BEST" Plug out there for my ITR motor, I'm currently setting up for a 85 Dry direct port shot of nitrous, i'd like to know the best plug out there.. money is not a problem i want the best, along with wires and where i can find them.. give me some specs and some good info i dont wanna blow my motor up.. i've spent alittle over 5000 grand to build it so far so ..ya.. discuess ^^
Old 04-29-2005, 07:21 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have a genuine type-r? why would you disgrace it with nitrous.... and it's not NOS, NOS is a company. is anything call it NOx or NO2
Old 04-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

If you have spent that much building it, why go cheap with the forced induction?
Old 04-30-2005, 12:52 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

i have a Zex kit, its idiot proof....
Old 04-30-2005, 09:40 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Originally Posted by sherwood
you have a genuine type-r? why would you disgrace it with nitrous.... and it's not NOS, NOS is a company. is anything call it NOx or NO2
Right now its a 1997 GSR Body with a 99 JDM ITR Swap..and NOS,juice, gas, nitrous, water, spray w/e.. and disgrace you people must not understand That i DO NOT want to take the time to build my motor..And at most i could run MAYBE 10 psi of boost on a t3/t4 or even a t3/t04, However theres no problem with that right? Not really but here's the picture, Running that much boost and the setup, and putting the setup on would probably cost me around..1300-1800 bucks.. I can make Just as much power if not more on a 80-100 shot of nitrous and it would only cost me littler over 650.. all i need is my jets and i'm done.. my lines were custom made for my car for 210, the bottle full was 120, and i have basically everything else.. Just need to finish finding my jets and a purge system... So thats why i'd disgrace it with nitrous, you people dont give "NOS" Enough credit, its cheap, simple and VERY VERY Good if you know how to tune for it.. which i'm sure most people dont..
Old 04-30-2005, 09:42 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Originally Posted by Shmoo
If you have spent that much building it, why go cheap with the forced induction?
But i can live with it.. Turbos are sooner or later goin to break something if your running a stock bottem end and head, like me. I will probably break down and get a turbo later in the year.. but for right now i wanna try all my opitions on this motor.. first being nitrous..
Old 04-30-2005, 11:19 AM
BoostedITR41

Originally Posted by IntegraType-R
But i can live with it.. Turbos are sooner or later goin to break something if your running a stock bottem end and head, like me. I will probably break down and get a turbo later in the year.. but for right now i wanna try all my opitions on this motor.. first being nitrous..

wrong....I ran a turbo on a stock block for well over 2 years with no issues at all because I tuned it right.

Nitrous tends to break ring lands on honda motors and they don't like it that much. also with a Dry shot you are taking a big chance. do some research and spend the 5 grand better next time.

PS if you didn't build the motor what the hell did you spend 5k on
Old 04-30-2005, 12:11 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by IntegraType-R
Right now its a 1997 GSR Body with a 99 JDM ITR Swap..and NOS,juice, gas, nitrous, water, spray w/e.. and disgrace you people must not understand That i DO NOT want to take the time to build my motor..And at most i could run MAYBE 10 psi of boost on a t3/t4 or even a t3/t04, However theres no problem with that right? Not really but here's the picture, Running that much boost and the setup, and putting the setup on would probably cost me around..1300-1800 bucks.. I can make Just as much power if not more on a 80-100 shot of nitrous and it would only cost me littler over 650.. all i need is my jets and i'm done.. my lines were custom made for my car for 210, the bottle full was 120, and i have basically everything else.. Just need to finish finding my jets and a purge system... So thats why i'd disgrace it with nitrous, you people dont give "NOS" Enough credit, its cheap, simple and VERY VERY Good if you know how to tune for it.. which i'm sure most people dont..
+driving to your fill up station and filling the bottle when you run it dry. boost is always there. and i understand nitrous is a good choice for some people, but in all honesty i say just FI it.

the sad part is you could have reached very close numbers using FI on your old GSR engine and saved your self a few thousand dollars... you really should have looked into this before spedning money on the motor.
:edit:
i already said this guys so dont beat a dead horse and let the guy alone. he's got the motor now so have sympathy and understand that this guy might be a little sore after reading this
Old 04-30-2005, 12:13 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by BoostedITR41
wrong....I ran a turbo on a stock block for well over 2 years with no issues at all because I tuned it right.

Nitrous tends to break ring lands on honda motors and they don't like it that much. also with a Dry shot you are taking a big chance. do some research and spend the 5 grand better next time.

PS if you didn't build the motor what the hell did you spend 5k on
he spent 5k on the motor itself
Old 04-30-2005, 12:38 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Originally Posted by sherwood
+driving to your fill up station and filling the bottle when you run it dry. boost is always there. and i understand nitrous is a good choice for some people, but in all honesty i say just FI it.

the sad part is you could have reached very close numbers using FI on your old GSR engine and saved your self a few thousand dollars... you really should have looked into this before spedning money on the motor.
:edit:
i already said this guys so dont beat a dead horse and let the guy alone. he's got the motor now so have sympathy and understand that this guy might be a little sore after reading this
...moron why would i be disappointed in a motor i put together myself..??
With minor things done i ran a 14.0 at 102.. 103?? thats a 13 second all motor honda.. are u joking me.. only reason i wanted spray is cause i'm shooting for low 13's high 12's.. that'll be perfect for my goals as a daily driver..also correct me if i'm wrong but i've heard of some 13.1's in 104 and what not range.. i do consider my work very well done and FI is a good idea.. but guess what i DONT WANT THAt..and why .. i never had a old gsr motor.. the guy who owned the car before me blew it up.. so i took my time in rewiring this car obdI, and swaping in a itr motor in it..i got this car as a shell and i put it together so no i'm goin to have sympathy cause you my friend dont understand what i'm tryin to setup a goal for.. low 13's high 12's.. nitrous = way to go.