Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Nos Users!!!!!!!!!! Read!!!

Old 05-03-2005, 09:29 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A type-r motor its more then campible of handling a 120 shot of nitrous at the most, a 80 shot wont do a damn thing to this motor, i'm using hondata, to tune it so...fuel's already done..And I Dont wanna go wet, i gotta go dry.. lol
Old 05-10-2005, 10:13 AM
logo

Try using higher octane gasoline 93 up. (racing fuel a plus) going on bottle refill 20 and still running strong. Colder plugs are good. Also check your distributor for how advance it is. If its advanced too much your gonna blow something. I change cap, rotor, and plugs after every bottle cause they tend to go bad. (better to be safe than sorry)

nology wires
ngk iridium plugs
dc headers
hks catback
nitrous express (75 wet)
bottle heater
injen cold air intake
Old 05-10-2005, 12:47 PM
civicandtegra

lol they sell 93 octane at mobil down the street always use it never that cheap crap
Old 05-11-2005, 02:09 AM
Carfan1

I had a 100 shot of NX on my old Cavalier. My second nitrous setup. Use copper plugs that are 2 heat ranges colder than stock. I recommend NGK's. Iridium and Platinum plugs both tend to melt in nitrous apps. I can't believe nobody has mentioned timing yet. If you are running more than a 50 shot you have to retard the timing a few degrees if you don't want detonation. That's my $0.02
Old 05-11-2005, 05:18 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegraType-R
Cause I did something alittle bit different then most.. And i the things i did which were the following..
Bought a 1999 ITR motor. Swapped heads with a 1995 B18C, (reason for OBDI)
easier to tune a OBDI ecu
Also switched out trannys to a GSR with LSD
Headers, IM, hondata gasket, fully tuned ecu, no exhust and a excedy stage 2 clutch.
About to install Crowner springs and retainers.
New skunk2 valves(need adjusting too)
Thats basically my 5k i SPENT on the motor..
I bought the motor for 4300 and sold the itr head for 500, everything in the head included..so if you wanna get techincal i spent lets see..9300 on this car so far?? But some may say wow THATS ALOT AND A WASTE, but it wasn't for me.. i wanted to be different who's seen a all motor honda go 14 seconds with a mid to low 13 second trap speed.. its hard to come across and nitrous just makes my goal of 12's closer..i'm sure on slicks i'd have no problem reaching 13.9 13.8.
This is OT, but you wasted your money buying an OBD1 head. I will never understand why people think that they have to change a bunch of crap out to make the motor OBD1. If you use an OBD1 ECU it will not even know to look for the OBD2 sensors that are on the motor and will not have a problem with them. I'm running a totally OBD2 motor in my OBD1 car. h:

I'm interested to hear what your times are after this install. I'm not much of a nitrous fan either.