Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Nos Users!!!!!!!!!! Read!!!

Old 04-30-2005, 12:43 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedITR41
wrong....I ran a turbo on a stock block for well over 2 years with no issues at all because I tuned it right.

Nitrous tends to break ring lands on honda motors and they don't like it that much. also with a Dry shot you are taking a big chance. do some research and spend the 5 grand better next time.

PS if you didn't build the motor what the hell did you spend 5k on
Cause I did something alittle bit different then most.. And i the things i did which were the following..
Bought a 1999 ITR motor. Swapped heads with a 1995 B18C, (reason for OBDI)
easier to tune a OBDI ecu
Also switched out trannys to a GSR with LSD
Headers, IM, hondata gasket, fully tuned ecu, no exhust and a excedy stage 2 clutch.
About to install Crowner springs and retainers.
New skunk2 valves(need adjusting too)
Thats basically my 5k i SPENT on the motor..
I bought the motor for 4300 and sold the itr head for 500, everything in the head included..so if you wanna get techincal i spent lets see..9300 on this car so far?? But some may say wow THATS ALOT AND A WASTE, but it wasn't for me.. i wanted to be different who's seen a all motor honda go 14 seconds with a mid to low 13 second trap speed.. its hard to come across and nitrous just makes my goal of 12's closer..i'm sure on slicks i'd have no problem reaching 13.9 13.8.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:45 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

btw i asked for what plugs to use on nitrous applications.. not why my car isn't what you guys think was the right idea..this is way off subject if u dont know dont reply.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:55 PM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

Woah, umm... Maybe this will help. It's my understanding that the plug requirements are the same for turbo/SC and N2O applications. You'll need a lower heat rating. I'd go with either the NGK Iridium Ix Plugs or these:...
http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...&Store_Code=ZX
For wires... Get whatever the rest of your ignition is. If it's stock, use NGK everything. If it's aftermarket, use the same brand wires.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:08 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Thx turboed d
Old 04-30-2005, 08:23 PM
BoostedITR41

Originally Posted by IntegraType-R
btw i asked for what plugs to use on nitrous applications.. not why my car isn't what you guys think was the right idea..this is way off subject if u dont know dont reply.

BKR7E11 gapped at .028"
Old 04-30-2005, 11:22 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i misinterpreted what you said, we get alot of people who just don't know what they are talking about at all around here and use one of several key words (vtech, nos, JDM *insert random ebay item here*, why didn't my...) and many of these guys have no clue about anything at all...

you sound like you've thought this thru and made a good decision, just watch out and dont leave the bottle heater on by accident
Old 05-02-2005, 05:24 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Originally Posted by sherwood
i misinterpreted what you said, we get alot of people who just don't know what they are talking about at all around here and use one of several key words (vtech, nos, JDM *insert random ebay item here*, why didn't my...) and many of these guys have no clue about anything at all...

you sound like you've thought this thru and made a good decision, just watch out and dont leave the bottle heater on by accident
Thx man i'm sorry i blew up, its just.. Everytime i ask question on any fourm i get jumped.. i'm just looking for some help i know alot, i've tuned/ builted ALOT of motors.. but i dont know everything..
Old 05-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Apachedoc

NGK Tridium............Spark plugs
Old 05-03-2005, 05:43 AM
BoostedITR41

Originally Posted by Apachedoc
NGK Tridium............Spark plugs

bad idea on a nitrous motor....Iridium plugs melt at a higher point than the internals of the motor

I would rather melt a plug than a piston
Old 05-03-2005, 06:12 AM
civicandtegra

for the last time NOS is a company everytime i hear ppl say that i want to beat them with a 5lb bottle, have u ever thought of gettin stronger internals and use FI and NO2, they work good together, i would get the stuff from zex cuz i know a lot of ppl with zex kits and they are very happy, also spend the extra and get a direct port wet and up the fuel being pumped in so everthing stays balanced and your itr motor happy good luck on your run when your done post the slip