Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Check engine light?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:01 PM
igoreha007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys got a quick question. I got my engine light going on usualy after 5 minutes of drivein (it will not come on if the car is not going) So i jumped the wire to check the code but insted the engine light, srs light comes on and starts to blink. So does that mean anything or im just jumping the wrong wire. It's the only 2p wire i found. I'll probably just endup taking my lude to the shop.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM
zetune

was the harness you jumped yellow?
Don't mess with those yellow connectors. If you pull the wrong one while your head is beside the dash sideways the airbag could snap your neck. most of them them (airbag systems) are pretty idiot proof nowadays, and i would expect that Honda would be making the best ones. So thats probably why nothing happened.
You need the blue connector.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
igoreha007

Originally Posted by zetune
was the harness you jumped yellow?
Don't mess with those yellow connectors. If you pull the wrong one while your head is beside the dash sideways the airbag could snap your neck. most of them them (airbag systems) are pretty idiot proof nowadays, and i would expect that Honda would be making the best ones. So thats probably why nothing happened.
You need the blue connector.
Yeha it was yellow... i couldn't find a blue connector anywhere... thx for a hint
Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 AM
gstein

i couldn't find a green/blue 2pin on the pass side of my 2000 accord...
there's a grey 2-pin, though

i see a large green "box" behind the glove box, but it's far enough up there that i'd need to completely remove the kick panel and glove box to access...

the grey plug i can see is just a few inches from the kickpanel and wall, about 2-3 inches up...
one half is anchored to the car itself.

i know i'm doing a crappy job explaining this, if yo want pics, let me know
Old 11-04-2007, 05:46 AM
reality 97 cl

Originally Posted by 1stGenCRXer
If your speed sensor is malfunctioning, you will not have VTEC. If you have an automatic with a speed sensor malfunctioning, it probably won't shift correctly either.

If you have a speed sensor error code, you should replace the speed sensor.
What happens if the check engine light never comes on? What could be the problem and how to fix this
Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Haid

Default same problem for me, please help

99 accord ex cyl. sorry if i hijacked the thread but i'm desperate.

looked under and behind the glove box and find no connector. just disconnected the negative battery cable for 2min to reset. but hoping anyone could locate where the connector would be so i could do this test.

thx,
haid
Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM
j's99EM1

Ok,
so I had my check engine light come on, and tried to check the codes by putting a paper clip in the blue connector. And turned the key to the ING position. It turned the (CEL) off. can any1 tell me why it shut off and did not send me any codes. The car runs good. I just replaced the vtec solenoid and the Idle Air Control Valve .
Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 AM
poncianoarnel

Default Hi friend!

Originally Posted by Philixxj
Hi i Have a Honda Prelude 1997 AT.. ok 2 nites ago i got in my car and started it. and i was just sitting there warming up the car. and then out of no where the speedometer starts to go wacko its jumpin everywhere. and it was just in neutral and i wasnt even reving the motor. and then i put it in reverse . and put it in drive. and it still was going crazy. and when i put it in drive. when the speedomter go to high mph) without accelerating) it would change the gears it self.. and now that it wasnt doing it anymore. and everything was fine.. now that my speedometer is now not working. and that the engine light is on and the 'D' light is blinking. and i read that if the speed sensor is malfunctioning the vtec will not engage. i drove it earlier and i went to engage vtec but wouldnt. i thought it would be just not at the right temperature. please help.
If your speedometer doesn't work normally so it means you already need to change and fix it before other parts of your car also affected and get problems because of this. Maybe you can try this if you need to find parts. Use discount code "super20" at the checkout on torontohondaparts.com you will save 20% on your purchases. One of my friends just tell me about this. You better to fix your car or else it can be cause accidents when you off on the road and those problems strike.