Notices

Reintroduction/ introduce yourself

Old 03-07-2009, 07:46 PM
jethrocreek
CRX NOOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hi all,
I'm a car nut from way back and got an okay deal on a 89 CRX already equipped with all the body goodies onboard, but the clutch was Completely TOASTED by an idiot who didn't know what the hell a clutch is for and toasted the pressure plate and flywheel to the point of total replacement and close to critical failure (I.E. clutch explosion) Clutch is now completely refinished and I am now considering next steps. It is obvious that at one time in this CRX's life it was loved, there are frame alterations and body mods to account for a turbo and an intercooler (Both long gone unfortunatly) I am fairly sure that in its recent history of abuse the motor is likely not the original and I surfed here looking for ideas, Id's (motor, head, tranny etc.) and any other info you guys could hand over to a gearhead with no previous experience with imports or "pocket rockets" This is my first honda and I'd love to see her in good condition again. Any suggestions? I do know a turbo is in the future, but not till I can decide on motor replacement/rebuild and am hoping I found a good home here with you guys.

Thanks guys.

PS After digging a bit I see that the D15b6 8 valve sohc was stock, but where do i find the stamp on the motor to 100% id this motor?

After RECHECKing I realised that I have a D15B2 16 valve which is a bit nicer.

Last edited by jethrocreek; 03-10-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-20-2009, 07:39 PM
mcclain_stephen
mugen power anyone???

sup people good to know there are other crx junkies out there. currently owner of an 87' rex Si mugen.it has had full suspension work done and with no motor in it the front sway bar is approx. 3 inches from the ground. it has fully adj. camber kit with all red poly bushings.i think it was used as a circle track race car and think it had an old carburated b-17 in it. but now its gutted minus dash,Si seats, i have a d-16z6 i was thinking of building for it but does anyone know what would be the easiest swap to put in this car??for max power and least budget of course!lol. whats the easiest because it's gonna require a full harness swap/new body harness and motor harness.climate controls not necessary but lights are a must lol.(hard to go fast in the dark). any help will be greatly appreciated. also i own a 91' rex HF i am currently building a mini me swap for should be running within a month. serious posts only please from knowledgeable people about the 87' thx.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:59 PM
mcclain_stephen
mugen power anyone???

Default did all the crx junkies die??

havent heard from any of you fukers lately so i guess you all died! looking at doin a full d16z6 build for my 87' crx Si anyone know where to go for full internals? cams ect??wake up fukers!lol
Old 08-15-2009, 10:00 AM
kenny8585

Hi everybody! I new to this site and there are cool stuff on DIY thread...
Old 09-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Skimask

I found this forum while searching for good CR-X advice. I do not have a CR-X but I AM GOING TO BUY ONE. I'm young and I want to learn more about Honda's; specifically CR-X's.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:43 PM
89_Hatchback

Hi all new to the site i just purchased an 89 honda civic HatchBack for 500, not a bad car 5 spd around 200,000 miles . when i bought the car it also came with a turbo from a 1995 Eclipse , intercooler, down pipe etc.

Last edited by 89_Hatchback; 12-29-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
steveinil

Default new here too

hi i just joined i have a 1990 crx si with a zc and lsd tranny. i have only had it for a few mo but love driving it...
Old 01-02-2010, 11:29 AM
B20powered
You can't see me

Hi this was my older brothers account, but now that he's old and married he gave me his minty 91 crx si shell. CF hood and hatch. Just installed a b20 vtec earlier today and posted about some wiring info in lsvtec help. Just wanted to say hi, and I hope to learn some stuff on here. My name is Jd by the way.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
greasemonkey89
Your neighborhood Greaser

hello everyone

long time Honda enthusiast jumping aboard im no n00b by far but i am in here lol. hoping to learn something new from everyone on this board and im hoping to enjoy this site.

i own a 89 crx si that i been trying to get together for the last 3 years which my own trials and tribulations have put it on hold so many times. this year is shaping to be a awesome year so far and soon my rex will be back on the road and track soon.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:34 PM
sounds

Hello all,

The 1990 Honda CRX was the first car I purchased on my own without any help from my parents. I bought a Barbados Yellow Si with 90 miles on it, and I still have it today. It's been broken in to several times, and even stolen twice, but now I have a great car alarm and hope to have fewer troubles. The engine died after it was stolen, and I put a 120 hp Japanese market engine in it for a while, but eventually rebuilt the original 108 hp and restored it to the car. I have a torsen differential, lightened flywheel, removable steering wheel, steering column lock, and super-light SSR wheels. There used to be a nice stereo with 10-disc changer, but that got stolen.

I also have a Berlina Black S-2000 AP1 from the very first year, and I got it with only 7 miles on the odometer! I was obviously a Honda fan by that time, and did everything I could to get one of the first S-2000s in my area. I also still have that car and have upgraded the floor mats based on recommendations here.

I love this site, and although I don't use it very often I still come here for the best after market products. I'd like to meet some Seattle area Honda fans, so send me a PM if you're in the area.

Brian