View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 07:46 PM
jethrocreek
CRX NOOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hi all,
I'm a car nut from way back and got an okay deal on a 89 CRX already equipped with all the body goodies onboard, but the clutch was Completely TOASTED by an idiot who didn't know what the hell a clutch is for and toasted the pressure plate and flywheel to the point of total replacement and close to critical failure (I.E. clutch explosion) Clutch is now completely refinished and I am now considering next steps. It is obvious that at one time in this CRX's life it was loved, there are frame alterations and body mods to account for a turbo and an intercooler (Both long gone unfortunatly) I am fairly sure that in its recent history of abuse the motor is likely not the original and I surfed here looking for ideas, Id's (motor, head, tranny etc.) and any other info you guys could hand over to a gearhead with no previous experience with imports or "pocket rockets" This is my first honda and I'd love to see her in good condition again. Any suggestions? I do know a turbo is in the future, but not till I can decide on motor replacement/rebuild and am hoping I found a good home here with you guys.

Thanks guys.

PS After digging a bit I see that the D15b6 8 valve sohc was stock, but where do i find the stamp on the motor to 100% id this motor?

After RECHECKing I realised that I have a D15B2 16 valve which is a bit nicer.

Last edited by jethrocreek; 03-10-2009 at 06:53 PM. Reason: update