Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

using your Ipod...

Old 03-01-2007, 10:07 AM
doobiexx928xx
B18 Bullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just use iTRIP. fm transmiter. Sounds very clean.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I've used one. They sound very much like garbage.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Tangowithalex

i agree...the itrips....along with any other fm transmitter are junk. the quality sucks...and for how much some of the transmitters cost now..you might as well buy a decent reciever with the adapter.

Does alpine still have the biolite display on the 2006 models? or was it just on the 04 models? Im having trouble finding anything about this when looking for a new HU.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:08 PM
cpvdh

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
Are you talking about the Full Speed cable???

I can see why you wouldn't like it, I wouldn't like it either if I had that radio.

Try out the Full Speed Connection on a Biolite display Alpine and then see how you like it.

i am using this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138087488737

it allows ipod/headphone/coax input
also charges an ipod
this means i can play my ipod, my gf's rio mp3 player, or my laptop all from my car speakers, one at a time of course

i wish i had the money to get a new hu that was better for controlling the ipod, but i cant afford it, there are too many other places to spend money, possibly like an amp and/or sub

edit - itrip and other fm things are good only if you switch up cars or ride with buddies alot, the sound quality sucks and if you change cities you need to find new stations all the time
also it doesnt charge it, and since apple cant make a battery that lasts longer than their warrenty i prefer not having to deal with it since it gets charged everytime i drive

Last edited by cpvdh; 03-01-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by Tangowithalex
i agree...the itrips....along with any other fm transmitter are junk. the quality sucks...and for how much some of the transmitters cost now..you might as well buy a decent reciever with the adapter.

Does alpine still have the biolite display on the 2006 models? or was it just on the 04 models? Im having trouble finding anything about this when looking for a new HU.
The 06' and 07' models have Biolite. Just the CDA-9857 has it for the 06' stuff, we'll see what radios they incorporate it into for 07'.

Originally Posted by cpvdh
i am using this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1138087488737

it allows ipod/headphone/coax input
also charges an ipod
this means i can play my ipod, my gf's rio mp3 player, or my laptop all from my car speakers, one at a time of course

i wish i had the money to get a new hu that was better for controlling the ipod, but i cant afford it, there are too many other places to spend money, possibly like an amp and/or sub

edit - itrip and other fm things are good only if you switch up cars or ride with buddies alot, the sound quality sucks and if you change cities you need to find new stations all the time
also it doesnt charge it, and since apple cant make a battery that lasts longer than their warrenty i prefer not having to deal with it since it gets charged everytime i drive
I couldn't stand controlling everything from the iPod. I do work at Best Buy, which helps out quite a bit for things of this nature.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Lovetodrive2000

Been trying to look around to see what is available for my 03 Type S, stock hed unit.

I have one of the FM transmitters and am tired of it.. sound quality is so so...

Can't seem to find an adapter/unit to wire in that would provide ipod charging and getting the sound from the ipod to the radio.,.. I could even live without the charging feature.

Any suggestions besides swapping out the radio? Can i do anything to disconnect the 6 cd changer and use that line (if there is a line?)?
Old 03-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Tedmond

you can purcahse an interface that will work with the stock radio.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:58 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an Alpine CDA-9883 (i thinks its 3) with the iPod adapter. It's so convenient to control the iPod through the HU.. once you learn the controls.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Lovetodrive2000

Originally Posted by Tedmond
you can purcahse an interface that will work with the stock radio.
OK... where.... I've been striking out trying to find one...
Old 03-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Tedmond

crutchfiled. a local shop should carry it. Most shops carry peripheral, P.I.E, DICE, Scosch, etc. they range from 40 - 100+. if anything you can get an FM modulator. Connect using RCAs to the mod - from the mod i goes directly into the anteanna port of your deck. Tuning to a preset setting give u sound and its crystal clear since its wired and its direct into the deck. but if you want full ipod control,alpine or eclipse is the way to go.