Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting-30/)
-   -   using your Ipod... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/audio-security-and-automotive-lighting/264217-using-your-ipod.html)

Tangowithalex 02-26-2007 11:19 AM

using your Ipod...

Im sure many of you use your Ipods in your cars.

I am currently using a cheap Sony reciever with an AUX front in. That way I can just plug my ipod directly in to it and still use the actual ipod to search my ipod.

Does anyone here have an Alpine reciever with the ipod adapter?

Does anyone else use a different set up that they like better?

im just trying to get some ideas before i go and buy a new reciever.

totalimmortal 02-26-2007 04:16 PM

I've used it all, I've settled with an Alpine with the Full Speed Connection. The cable is KCE-422i, it's the best I've used thus far and I'm completely satisfied with it.

Tangowithalex 02-26-2007 11:01 PM

i heard that the 'full speed' cable...isn't so FULL speed. is that true?

akeura369 02-27-2007 07:19 AM

i also have the Alpine deck with the Ipod interface, i think it works perfect, and is easy to use once u get used to the controls on the deck. all u do is plug it in..i deff. recomend it

Tangowithalex 02-27-2007 09:03 AM

yeah, i think the alpine set up is what im probably going to go for.

scotttharobot 02-27-2007 11:05 AM

I never understood controlling the iPod through the HU... I find it much easier to just use the iPod to navigate.

cpvdh 02-27-2007 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scott Dodge (Post 3393322)
I never understood controlling the iPod through the HU... I find it much easier to just use the iPod to navigate.

x2

unless i had a fold out screen that displays five or six lines at a time so i can search easily i would rather use the ipod to show me what im playing

i am using a alpine cda-7893 and a cable that turns the ai-net into ipod
it also charges which is nice

totalimmortal 02-27-2007 03:58 PM

You'd understand it on my radio:oh:

Having a full graphic display does wonders.

scotttharobot 03-01-2007 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by cpvdh (Post 3393439)
x2

unless i had a fold out screen that displays five or six lines at a time so i can search easily i would rather use the ipod to show me what im playing

lol I have that same cable... kicks arse. I suppose it's useless to me now after my 9853 got jacked :(

totalimmortal 03-01-2007 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by cpvdh (Post 3393439)
x2

Are you talking about the Full Speed cable???

I can see why you wouldn't like it, I wouldn't like it either if I had that radio.

Try out the Full Speed Connection on a Biolite display Alpine and then see how you like it.