Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

Wireless In-Car Camera Security

Old 01-27-2007, 05:24 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dieneverknowing
I'm sure most issues have been resolved or at least dismissed for a while...but have you ever looked into a LoJack? I see your point of how you want to monitor your car, but what happens when/if your away? I've never stolen a car or even tried, but it doesn't seem to take that long. And I know I can sit on the toliet or fall alseep in the shower for quite some time (...maybe that's just me). So say you come back to your laptop and you see it's gone...what now? A picture of a crook is great, I wish I had one when someone broke into my car, but then again what if someone wears a mask or something to conceal their identity? I'd assume you'd be SOL.

I'm sure you've thought about it but I just thought I'd bring it up cause I'm sure getting your car stolen sucks. I wonder when my car will be stolen and parted out

Also, I don't know how great they are or anything so please no flamming if they suck! Just an extra idea to ponder on. www.lojack.com

Well I went a different route and decided to place a long distance Wireless infrared Camera on my roof to monitor the area infront of my house (where I'll be parking). Thought that was the best way to go about it and to answer your question, lojack is FANTASTIC. There would be no flamming from me on that product and worth every penny. I need to scrap up a lil money as it isn't cheap but i'm definately gonna try to get that ASAP. Wanna know how how I know lojack works? Well that's how they found my stolen GSR!!!

When they stole my car around 4:00pm in the afternoon they found it a lil more than an hour later. Apparently the thieves that stole my car also stole 2 others that day and parked them all in his house's garage. One of the cars he stole however had lojack in it. When police came with a warrant to search the house and opened the garage, guess who's car was there? Mine, the car with lojack and another car was there which were all stolen cars. The parents of the house said "they didn't know they were there" but my ass is sueing for damages to my car which is gonna be around $3500 that i'm paying outta my own pocket. There were 3 of them but one that owned the house took the blame for it since he's a juvi and will get less time. But i'm getting a lawyer to sue the parents for the damages. So yes lojack does work and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!

EDIT: My boy just called me 10 mins ago, the black civic that was there that night they initially broke into my car before they came to finish the job was spotted by him in my area. This guy/guys are gonna get what's coming to them when we find them and their cars.

Last edited by v6_accord_jerz; 01-27-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:28 PM
iDs

i just started working for this one install place..and we carry some alarm with camera and night vision..its call scytek vision guard
Old 01-29-2007, 07:53 PM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Originally Posted by iDs
i just started working for this one install place..and we carry some alarm with camera and night vision..its call scytek vision guard
What are the specs of the camera? How many infrared LED's does it have? How long can the camera run, is color or b/w?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:02 AM
acidburn2k2

i will predict the future here: a new thread is created:

"my car got stolen and i watched it happen"

so i woke up this morning. I opened my laptop, rewinded the tape of my $3000 security cameras taht i have in my car and start watching the tape of what happened in my car while i was sleep, its a regular morning ritual because i hate the today show and there is nothing else on TV. so im watching while eating my breakfast and on one camera i see a guy looking at the car. then on the second camera i see him break my door open, the alarm does not go off because he already got took the battery lead off. This guy gets in my car and somehow drives away with my car!!!!!! ofcourse i caught him on my security cameras. so i borught the tape to the cops, after they got done laughing at the fact that i got security cameras in my car, they looked at the tape, and an investigation is pending.

damn i wish i would of spent that $3000 on something more useful like a garage to park my car in, or a really good security system, a good installer, and then after that, get some kill switches and install and hide those....
Old 02-10-2007, 10:48 AM
v6_accord_jerz
Stupid Power Ball

Originally Posted by acidburn2k2
i will predict the future here: a new thread is created:

"my car got stolen and i watched it happen"

so i woke up this morning. I opened my laptop, rewinded the tape of my $3000 security cameras taht i have in my car and start watching the tape of what happened in my car while i was sleep, its a regular morning ritual because i hate the today show and there is nothing else on TV. so im watching while eating my breakfast and on one camera i see a guy looking at the car. then on the second camera i see him break my door open, the alarm does not go off because he already got took the battery lead off. This guy gets in my car and somehow drives away with my car!!!!!! ofcourse i caught him on my security cameras. so i borught the tape to the cops, after they got done laughing at the fact that i got security cameras in my car, they looked at the tape, and an investigation is pending.

damn i wish i would of spent that $3000 on something more useful like a garage to park my car in, or a really good security system, a good installer, and then after that, get some kill switches and install and hide those....
Ok Noob here we go:
1) If the wireless camera is hooked up to my laptop, I would be using DVR, not "tape/vcr" :wtcslap:
2) If you actually read the post my "in car security camera" idea was changed to a stationary camera in front of my house and my car was already stolen idiot.
3) $3000 on a security camera is stupid and so are you for even mentioning that.
4) How the fuck can someone "spend" $3000 on a garage when there is no driveway and surrounded by houses. :wtcslap:
5) You have to be a cock face to think that I would only put a security camera in front of my house as my only defense against theft. For your information I have the Viper 791xv installed with two 108 db sirens in the interior with back up battery, not 1 but 2 wheel boots including a pitbull universal boot, not 1 but 2 kill switches installed, autolock this was all installed after my car was stolen since I had the car for less than 3 days and didn't get to do to it what I wanted to do initially.
6) Cops wouldn't laugh at any video tape catching a thief in action unless it was a video tape of your gf stripping. h:
7) I know how thiefs steal cars, and being that my car was defenseless...It was something rather easy for them and ironically I purchased my alarm the night it was stolen.
8) Your lucky I don't know where your car is cause you'd be the one making this thread but the only difference is that you wouldn't be getting your car back......I did. h:

Last edited by b00gers; 02-11-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:14 AM
b00gers

Lets keep it informative guys :hs:
Old 02-11-2007, 02:55 PM
gettheledout

bump for lol