Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

some questions

Old 07-31-2002, 09:35 PM
FromTheBottom
Driver of Trains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As simple as it sounds, I used two 4" strips of velcro (the rough side, not the fuzzy side) placed an inch from the sides running lengthwise on the box. My box is heavy enough (single 12") that just the carpet to carpet friction held it most of the time, but some turns would cause it to slide. I went with the velcro and the results are amazing. I just finished my suspension so 50 mph turns have become more common, and the box doesn't budge. Using the two small strips makes removal of the box simple too as it is not too much sticking force, just enough friction to keep the box from sliding. Hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2002, 03:19 PM
derf
Spec5

you want suggestions?... look at the setup I just did:

i posted it in the civic forum but i'm just copying it over... i just hashes and a piece of plywood underneath to screw down that amp and 2 hasps. doesn't move around at ALL. and i can remove it in probably 1 minute

1 12 will move around a lot. esp if you have the amp connected to the back of it. that was my setup before i've had it ROLL. tip, roll back and slam against the top of the trunk (i drive kind ahard).... anything will make 1 12 box move... 2 12s and you probably won't have that big a problem.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:11 PM
rcurley55

Originally posted by 99IntegraGS
I used to own an '87 Accord. I installed a wood floor in the trunk. The box was then secured to the wood floor with metal brackets, so I could remove it without too much trouble, but it didn't slide around when installed.
The wood replacing that cheap cardboard crap is the way to go...I would use a combo of this idea with Derf's....the padlocks to hold it down would probably keep it pretty removable. Running a bolt through the box (with large washers), and through the wood floor will keep it secure and won't allow thieves to yank it out.

Definitely bolt the thing down...I ran around with a wood, non carpeted box for a while (single IDQ ported) and it did some minor damage to my trunk lid hinges by sliding around.

After I carpeted it, it was fairly stable, but still moved quite a bit.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

thats a nice setup... what kind of sub and amp and how powerful is it? thnx
Old 08-01-2002, 06:17 PM
smokedogg

im loving the padlock idea:thumbup: