Notices
Audio, Security, & Automotive Lighting Troubleshoot wiring problems and get equipment suggestions all in one place. Now expanded to include Automotive Lighting

please help me again!!!

Old 07-30-2002, 12:44 PM
steveng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help me again!!!

ok here is the deal. the other day i ordered the clifford glass sensor along with the alpine alarm from a local shop. today i called them up to see if all the gears have arrived. then they told me no, they were still waiting for the VIPER glass sensor. i told them, i ordered clifford, not viper. then they said, viper's glass sensor has more adjustments than clifford and so it's better. my question is, is the viper one really better than clifford or they were just trying to sell me something cheaper?
my last question is, when you add a backup battery to ur alarm, did you hook it up to the backup siren, or the brain? they said, mine will be hooked up to the brain and the siren is self powered? so what's the deal?:confused:
Old 07-30-2002, 01:18 PM
cheezthis
sound/acoustical engineer

Clifford is owned by DEI now, which also owns Viper...shouldn't be a huge issue I don't think. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the battery back-up, leave it connected to the brain.
Old 07-30-2002, 03:31 PM
steveng

thanx. yeah anyone has any comment on viper and clifford glass sensors?
Old 08-01-2002, 09:35 PM
The Beav
i

you definately want the battery hooked up to the brain, but the siren is iffy, it might suck power from the brain (I would think that the whole alarm would require two wires (power and Ground), but i don't know alarms), viper is very good quality