Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

92 civic VX wiring to DX motor please help please !!

Old 11-05-2002, 11:14 AM
SloVx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 civic VX wiring to DX motor please help please !!

hey guys i bought a 92 civic VX had a real ****ty motor (d15z1) had bad rings and a rod knock . I have a d15b7 a buddy gave to me we put it BUT the d15b7 engine wiring has only 3 pulgs <-- the one on the passenger shock tower that clips into the ones that goes directly into the ECU /./// AND the VX has 4 pulgs ones not pluged into anything the motor will crank but wont start i got spark and fuel any one know whats up or what i can do please help

agian im talking about the passenger end of the engine wiring harness there are 3 plugs on the DX harness but 4 coming from my ecu \ firewall one is not pluged in please help i only have one car and have been bumming ride to school and work for a few days now please help

thanks in advance
Old 11-05-2002, 12:02 PM
qtiger

Do you have a DX ecu?
Old 11-05-2002, 12:06 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

You need to make sure you have the DX ECU, the VX had an economy VTEC system, which means it had some of the associated sensors that the DX engine wouldn't have.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:27 PM
forcedinduction

I know you're probably in a hurry, but punctuation would make it easier to understand you.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:26 PM
SloVx

sorry about the punctuation but im am in a hurry and to tell you the very honest truth i have a problem with writing kinda like when it comes to complete sentence` s i cant make them they dont register in my Brain ...ever since grade school sorry if it buggs anyones else ...

.but on to my post what if i were to put my D15Z1 head on the DX block <-- that is where the extra plug is i think ....No i am not looking for more power due to the VTEC but i am tapped out of $$ and have no where else to turn ...i know all i would need is the Head gasket for the D15z1 head . I do not have the DX ECU maybe that is why it wont start
I called around and a Wiring harness for a 93 dx around here is 250 dollars from a junkyard <--thats the cheapest
i dont even wanna know what a ECU will cost me

Agian GUY`s thanks for the help