Notices

Lowering Springs Installation Question

Old 02-09-2004, 03:45 PM
93DituneEX
HIDs teh hotness!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
well I sorta ruined teh bushings when I oxy'd out the bolt that snapped....and it was cheaper to get two LCA's then to just get the bushings...
oh i know bro, was just messing wit ya :cheers:
Old 02-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by roccav
how much of a camber issue will i have once the springs are on there?
I have pro-kits and there are no camber issues...it doesnt really drop you enough to worry about a camber kit. but if you can afford a camber kit then I wouldnt say dont get it.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:18 PM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

Originally Posted by roccav
how much of a camber issue will i have once the springs are on there?
It depends, I'm not sure how much of a drop the Pro Kits are but from what I here not much so it shouldn't throw your camber off too much.

I put some Progress Auto springs on that were supposed to be an est. 2" drop which turned out to be more like 1.5" and the camber isn't even worth mentioning. I took it to a shop to have it alligned because I changed some worn tie rods at the same time and a typical hatin-anything-besides-stock mechanic was all up my ass telling me I ruined my car by lowering it and that my camber would be all out of wack. I tried to explain to him that it was a very modest drop for performance only and that it wasn't slammed so the camber shouldn't be too bad at all... he didn't agree so I bet him ten bucks that the camber would be barely off, if any at all... well anyhow after the allignment I asked him how the camber was and he kind of looked away and under his breath said it was fine... needless to say, I didn't see my ten bucks.

Anyhow, I digress... you should be ok but I would get it on an allignment rack to make sure.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:38 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OEM nazi mechanics suck One of the many reasons I don't let anybody touch my car (well, except my alignment guy, I don't have access to a rack h: )
Old 02-09-2004, 06:21 PM
supapoopa
Nissan: Shift_Recall

here is a detailed guide to removing and installing shocks with pictures to guide you. This is on a 98 civic.

Old skool DIY web page

You don't have to worry about the camber, they should still be within the factory limits. The rear might be a little over, just do the washer trick (search) to get the rear back within factory limits. It took 2 double sets of washers on each side to get me back in spec limit.

good luck