Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Subbie Krew... need your help

Old 03-25-2010, 05:18 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Subbie Krew... need your help

my friend is looking to buy a 2004-05 WRX... i told him he should wait 5-6 more months and buy a Sti...

his response... why would i waste that extra money on a sti when i can spend it on the wrx and make it faster then the sti.

i dont know much about modding Subbies...BUT im pretty sure ive read articals where Modded WRX's couldnt or could barely hang with stock STI's...

so my main question is. how much money in mods would it cost to make a wrx faster then a STOCK sti.

second question is... is his way of thinking more logical then mine?

third(last)... after spending all that money on making the wrx faster then the STI, how much money would be needed to make the STI faster again.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your friend is a fucking idiot. Even if he made power that is "faster" than a stock STi he would grenade that transmission in about 10 seconds. The STi is worth every penny in that generation. bulletproof transmission, front LSD, rear LSD, beefier axles, better suspension, DCCD, Brembo brakes, Aluminum control arms, infinitely better turbo, 2.5 vs 2.0, I can go on.....

up/down and full exhaust coupled with a tune on the STi (600 bucks maybe) would absolutely dessimate a fairly well built and tuned 04/05 WRX.

to even get the WRX up to stock STi snuff he would need

up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, new bigger turbo, bigger injectors, tune. Even then he is limited to a shitty 5 speed transmission and a clutch that can't take the power it's putting down. So now lets pull the entire thing to do a new clutch and flywheel. Hell while it's out you might as well pull the motor and do forged internals. Then once you get nice big 300whp numbers you get to spend 5000 dollars to do a 6 speed transplant because you have blown your 3rd WRX transmission and just now figured out that if you want a big horsepower application you should have bought an STi to begin with and that you are a super retard who should hang himself.

Last edited by Civic2Scooby; 03-25-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
your friend is a fucking idiot. Even if he made power that is "faster" than a stock STi he would grenade that transmission in about 10 seconds. The STi is worth every penny in that generation. bulletproof transmission, front LSD, rear LSD, beefier axles, better suspension, DCCD, Brembo brakes, Aluminum control arms, infinitely better turbo, 2.5 vs 2.0, I can go on.....

up/down and full exhaust coupled with a tune on the STi (600 bucks maybe) would absolutely dessimate a fairly well built and tuned 04/05 WRX.

up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, new bigger turbo, bigger injectors, tune. Even then he is limited to a shitty 5 speed transmission and a clutch that can't take the power it's putting down. So now lets pull the entire thing to do a new clutch and flywheel. Hell while it's out you might as well pull the motor and do forged internals. Then once you get nice big 300whp numbers you get to spend 5000 dollars to do a 6 speed transplant because you have blown your 3rd WRX transmission and just now figured out that if you want a big horsepower application you should have bought an STi to begin with and that you are a super retard who should hang himself.

this.

if he buys a wrx planning to mod it to make it faster than an sti he will spend way more than the difference in price and most likely ruin a perfectly good wrx.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Joe

04-05 STI are going for around $20k around here. They hold their value pretty well.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby

truth
Old 03-26-2010, 04:19 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

I knew it, im not a go fast,let's mod my car kinda guy but I knew that
Wrx<sTi in every way...
Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 AM
goon54

off the subject but wagon > sedan :af:
Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Pete
Civilian

05 STI is still the car I want more than anything else right now

White with gold rims :yumyum:

Last edited by Pete; 03-26-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Pete
05 STI is still the car I want more than anything else right now

White with gold rims :yumyum:

<
Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Originally Posted by Pete