Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

dieting and you

Old 01-31-2006, 02:44 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:thumbup:

Kickass man. You rock, good luck with your goals.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:45 PM
Kavikgold

See the really strange thing for me is this... when I hit the 150 range during my dieting/exercising prime, I still looked overweight.

Is it perhaps I am just targetting the wrong areas?

What I've concluded to currently is that perhaps my bones and other craps just weigh less, and thats why I have to be at what would be a lower weight to others to be actually right where most people are at 150.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:48 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Originally Posted by '98 EX RED
Running at night is fine as long as you are still able to find 8 hours to sleep. I am actually headed out for a quick run right now, and its 6.40. I go to sleep at 10.30 most nights, and am up at 6.30 to get my swim and a short, fast 1 mile in before work.
As I said above running at night isn't good for your sleep cycle...actually any strenuous activity with 3 hours of going to sleep isn't good for you...but do what you want. If you are going to finish running at 1am and then wait till 4am to go to sleep then I guess it's fine.

Originally Posted by '98 EX RED
Get some exercise in after each meal if possible
Don't work out right after a meal it's not good for you...your parasympathetic nervous system is shut down during periods of activity and your sympathetic nervous system is activated...this isn't good for digestion (which is controlled by the parasympathetic nervous system) and can lead to some health problems. Give your body a chance to digest a bit before working out again
Old 01-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

6'5", 205lbs

I've been floating around that point, slowly gaining weight due to lost fat and gained muscle.

What I don't do: I don't eat candy, I don't eat red meat, I don't eat fast food, I don't drink (well, less than a beer a week, which is unfortunate ), I don't let myself go far enough between eating that I feel really hungry, I don't drink sodas, and I don't eat fats.

I do: I eat simple sugars from fruits, I eat protein from low-fat fish and chicken, I eat 6 meals a day, I consume 2600-3000 calories a day from complex carbs and protein, I eat whole grains, I eat vegetables, I drink tons of water/tea, and I walk as much as possible.

End result? I've been overweight nearly my entire life until recently, but I've been cutting fat and gaining muscle by eating smart and going to the gym... I eat as much as I need, but I just take the time to make sure what I'm eating is good for me.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:50 PM
'98 EX RED
King of the Auto Civic

Im not saying IMMEDIATELY after eating, but within a good period, 1-2 hours. If you work out in the morning or something, then dont do anyhting for the rest of the day, its kind of a loss.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:50 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Originally Posted by Kavikgold
See the really strange thing for me is this... when I hit the 150 range during my dieting/exercising prime, I still looked overweight.

Is it perhaps I am just targetting the wrong areas?

What I've concluded to currently is that perhaps my bones and other craps just weigh less, and thats why I have to be at what would be a lower weight to others to be actually right where most people are at 150.

Adding muscle mass will actually increase bone density....so hit the weights at the gym and you can look cut at 150-160lbs
Old 01-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Kavikgold

LABARINTH - Rarely do I end at 1:00a.m., on occasion I did though. Usually I would run from 11:00 to about midnight or so. Honestly, I don't feel it affected my sleep cycle much.. as soon as I got home I pumped out my second rounds of pushups and situps, rinsed off, and hit the sack fast asleep.

Epoch - I don't eat a lot of things anymore as well. I have completely shut off all connections with fast food. I rarely eat anything besides meats and vegetables. I try to stay healthy as possible with what I eat, but I still feel I should cut back, perhaps abolishing lunch and dinner, and just eating a breakfast to get my metabolism going and a 2:00 meal so I don't pass out.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:55 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

if you cut out meals you are going to lose lean muscle as well as fat which will result in you being one skinny ass mofo with a chicks body...the only way to get cut is to work at it...eat healthy (not less) and work out..that's the only way to do it...there is no magical diet that will make you cut unless you are genetically gifted which you are not or you would be cut already
Old 01-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Kavikgold

How do you guys feel about the idea of extra skin? I've been putting that on the back burner for awhile now, but its come up in my head time and time again. As a child I was the really fat kid for many many many years.

Is it possible that its just I have extra skin, giving the apperance of added fat? I always thought that because I'm still young, skin shouldn't just stick around like would an adult in my situation.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:56 PM
'98 EX RED
King of the Auto Civic

No, you should actually have more meals a day, just smaller. I like to have a piece of fruit (Banana usually) before swimming in the morning, then get a breakfast (Carbs/protien) then a protien/vitamin bar thing alittle later, then lunch (Chicken sammich of some sort), followed by a dinner even later.