Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

dieting and you

Old 02-01-2006, 04:31 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should be eating SOMETHING for dinner. Doing the crashing and gorging diet is not healthy at all.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Kavikgold

Originally Posted by redgoober4life
You should be eating SOMETHING for dinner. Doing the crashing and gorging diet is not healthy at all.
does like a couple random bites of food here and there during the evening and water cut it? h:

i'm defintely not crashing/gorging myself. i was in that cycle for a little bit, but that's not what im doing right now, luckily.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:33 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Originally Posted by redgoober4life

I honestly don't think he wants our help any more...about 10 people have already told him he needs to eat healthy...not less....he's obviously not listening h:
Old 02-01-2006, 05:17 PM
eonsx311
today is not my birthday.

i got fat over the last year so i decided i needed to change too. im 6'0 and i weighed about 190 (which is alot for me because im pretty skinny muscle wise) most of the fat was attributed to beer consumption and over eating for no reason at all. i started doing insane ammounts of situps, pushups, pull ups, and up downs as well as running 2 or 3 days a week. at first i changed my diet to mainly lean meats, green vegetables and on days before i ran a small pasta dish to carb up. i also drank less, like one every other day instead of 2 a night. right now im at 170 and i feel great and look great. i chilled out on the diet part lately because my metabolism as sped up and i burn it much better now.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:34 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

ive posted this a million times ( h: ), but my best personal achievement was going from 220lbs to 155lbs in a little over a year. i wore a 38" waist and got down to a 30". this was accomplished by hard work - cardio, lifting, and pure dedication.

that was three years ago, and now i weigh 180lbs from weight training. i dont have a "4-pack" anymore (never could get a 6-pack) but i'm much happier with my strength and appearance.

anyway weight loss can be accomplished if you try hard enough.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:35 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Originally Posted by reechy
anyway weight loss can be accomplished if you try hard enough.

he doesn't want to work hard....the only answer he wants is "Eat 500 calories a day and you will have the perfect body"
Old 02-01-2006, 05:43 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

Originally Posted by LABARINTH
he doesn't want to work hard....the only answer he wants is "Eat 500 calories a day and you will have the perfect body"
puahahaha :werd:

as most of you know, drastically reducing your food intake to lose weight doesn't work in the long term.

1) the moment your "normal" diet resumes, you will gain the weight back. diets dont work, changing your eating patterns does.

2) your metabolism slows down because your body goes into starvation mode. it will try its hardest to retain food energy.

3) you'll lose strength and became emaciated. there's a difference between "healthy" skinny and "sickly" skinny.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Kavikgold

damn, i must have been really convoluted or something, i guess i put out the wrong picture for you guys.

really it's not that i dont wan't to work hard. its not like i was able to get from where i was to where i am very easily as ya'll know.

i'm just poppin' in here to see what you guy's feel about intake adjustment (and plans of such), as well as comments to foods you would suggest.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:09 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

hmm...these are general guidelines, but try consuming 10x your body weight in calories. so if you weigh 200lbs, consume 2000 calories or less.

as for foods, dont eat the obvious crap like junkfood. you dont have to do anything extreme, just use common sense. try to eat natural and perishable foods instead of processed goods. easy way to tell if food is fresh: think about a grocery's store layout. most are laid out like this when you walk in:

a |_____________| c
bbbbbbbbb

a = wall with fruits and vegetables
b = back wall with dairy/eggs
c = wall with meats

the reason why A,B,C are along the walls is because they need refrigeration. most of the stuff in the aisles can sit on a shelf and are processed and nonorganic.

food for thought
Old 02-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Kavikgold

don't get me wrong, like i've been eating lean meats and veggies normally, and dont think twice about it. i've been actually very wary about what goes into my body for the past two years. fast food, junk foods, processed snacks, high sugar drinks, candy, etc have all been extremely scare.

i was hoping i could get some comments on more specifics. what do you think about certain drinks, or bars, or some ideas to liven up my diet. any inputs good.

i'm not expecting ya'll to be a bunch of yes men, criticism helps me reanalyze my approach as well.