Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

dieting and you

Old 01-31-2006, 02:57 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kavikgold
How do you guys feel about the idea of extra skin? I've been putting that on the back burner for awhile now, but its come up in my head time and time again. As a child I was the really fat kid for many many many years.

Is it possible that its just I have extra skin, giving the apperance of added fat? I always thought that because I'm still young, skin shouldn't just stick around like would an adult in my situation.

you shouldn't have any extra skin unless you were morbidly obese at one point...and then the stretch marks would be a dead give away...your young and your skin is still very elastic....extra skin shouldn't be a problem
Old 01-31-2006, 02:59 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

How do you guys feel about the idea of extra skin? I've been putting that on the back burner for awhile now, but its come up in my head time and time again. As a child I was the really fat kid for many many many years.

Is it possible that its just I have extra skin, giving the apperance of added fat? I always thought that because I'm still young, skin shouldn't just stick around like would an adult in my situation.

Dunno... I was pretty pudgy... In fact, over the last 2 months, I've lost about 2 inches off my waist. As long as your skin isn't distended from the extra weight, you should be fine and your body should be able to cope.

ALSO, don't eat less! Eat the same amount, but spread it over several smaller meals through the day. It will make much more of a difference if you do that.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:01 PM
canada

Originally Posted by LABARINTH
you shouldn't have any extra skin unless you were morbidly obese at one point...and then the stretch marks would be a dead give away...your young and your skin is still very elastic....extra skin shouldn't be a problem

Your skin is elastic... no matter what I do to you it always returns to its natural... firm... tightness...

h:
Old 01-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Kavikgold

Originally Posted by canada
Your skin is elastic... no matter what I do to you it always returns to its natural... firm... tightness...
thats good to hear, glad i can put that idea back on the back burner for awhile again

any of you ever notice that once you get past the "omg i am so fucking hungry that i might start breaking out in a cold sweat and like seriously pass out" that it really isnt that bad at all?
Old 01-31-2006, 11:02 PM
canada

thats good to hear, glad i can put that idea back on the back burner for awhile again

any of you ever notice that once you get past the "omg i am so fucking hungry that i might start breaking out in a cold sweat and like seriously pass out" that it really isnt that bad at all?

Yea I learned that in the Marines mostly... as long as you are staying hydrated you dont need a ton of food to function.

Also useful in poor college age situations as well...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:05 PM
VTEC02VLAD
03 RSX type-S

chia
Old 01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

You don't want to eat too much less than what is minimum, typically 2000 calories per day. Mainly because your body will compensate by retaining as much fat as it can, and that fat metabolism (since you're missing calories) produces a lot of undesirable chemicals in the body, which, if it's severe enough, can overwhelm your kidneys. And you'll feel like shit as well.

I'm a night runner myself, and during the winter I typically wear a long sleeve T-shirt on top of a regular T-shirt, and if it's really cold I'll wear my MTB jersey on top of that. I also wear long pants, and when I was doing my undergrad at UM I would also put on hats and gloves. It keeps me warm enough to get started for about 0.5 mi or so and then I start taking the layers off. I don't know if that might help you run in the winter... :dunno:
Old 01-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Kavikgold

Originally Posted by Kestrel
You don't want to eat too much less than what is minimum, typically 2000 calories per day. Mainly because your body will compensate by retaining as much fat as it can, and that fat metabolism (since you're missing calories) produces a lot of undesirable chemicals in the body, which, if it's severe enough, can overwhelm your kidneys. And you'll feel like shit as well.

I'm a night runner myself, and during the winter I typically wear a long sleeve T-shirt on top of a regular T-shirt, and if it's really cold I'll wear my MTB jersey on top of that. I also wear long pants, and when I was doing my undergrad at UM I would also put on hats and gloves. It keeps me warm enough to get started for about 0.5 mi or so and then I start taking the layers off. I don't know if that might help you run in the winter... :dunno:
You see, thats another wierd thing. I swear, after all the years I've studied my body, I feel like my body was conditioned just to make it a lot harder for me. I've had a few professionals calculate EXACTLY how many calories my body uses to sustain its weight, and it was charted at 3400 calories or so, give or take a little. Obviously, thatsbull shit.

When I dieted last year, I was on a strict 800 calorie diet per day. When I eat normally, which ends up being around 2000 calories, i gain weight.

Go figure?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

So are you trying to get into like a 2%body fat percentile? I'm 5'9" 160lbs and I can grab a little fat on my stomach still. That's how it is for a lot of people that just lost a lot of weight. I used to weigh 215lbs last summer. So it's normal, there's nothing wrong with you. You're going to have to work for a while to get it so you have very little fat on your body, yet aren't scrawny. Me I don't really care about muilding muscle or working out. I lost the 55lbs and I'm going to keep it there. I'm so happy being skinny. And you feel SOOO much healthier.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Kavikgold

Originally Posted by Omniscient
So are you trying to get into like a 2%body fat percentile? I'm 5'9" 160lbs and I can grab a little fat on my stomach still. That's how it is for a lot of people that just lost a lot of weight. I used to weigh 215lbs last summer. So it's normal, there's nothing wrong with you. You're going to have to work for a while to get it so you have very little fat on your body, yet aren't scrawny. Me I don't really care about muilding muscle or working out. I lost the 55lbs and I'm going to keep it there. I'm so happy being skinny. And you feel SOOO much healthier.
no no i absolutely agree with you man, like it feels great to be "skinny." like its awesome to be one of thos eguys that just jumps over walls and fences and climbs up shit for no reason cause u can.

but like, i dont look it, u know? and that's whats killin me