Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Damn LA County Sherrif's Dept!

Old 02-16-2004, 08:44 AM
joebenz
nelson rules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn LA County Sherrif's Dept!

Son of a bish. I left my friend's place last night after the all-star game. On my way home i decided to get some boba at Ten Ren in Diamond Plaza. When I got there i saw taht 2 Sherrif Dept officers had already pulled over 2 cars in the parking lot: a dropped TL with exhaust, and a dropped accord. So I passed them and parked. Went and got my drink, came back to my car and started to drive out. The 2 cops had already left the scene. I got to the stop light, saw that the cop had parked at the gas station on the corner. as soon as I passed him, he moved to the driveway of the gas station. So i was at the light waiting for it to turn green, as soon as it does i make a right, and as soon as i pass the driveway the cop was sitting at, he pulls out, turns on his lights and pulls me over. So i pull over, he comes up to me, and says "can you please rev your engine?" so i rev my engine, and he says, "that's what i thought." i'm like "what?" so he's all "your exhaust is illegal." i say, " i can guarantee you that my exhaust is legal" and then ask him if he can prove to me that it's not. he then says i can take it up with the judge if i think it's legal. so he writes me a fix it ticket for my exhaust. then he tells me to pop the hood. at this point, i'm like "omg this guy is such a prick." so i pop the hood, he examines my engine, points to the intake and header and says, "do you have the stickers for these?" i tell him that i forgot to put them on. then he goes and tells me how he can have my car towed right now, but he's going to give me a break and just ticket me for the exhaust.

i'm just so pissed!!!! cause i know my exhaust does not break the 95 dB limit. what can i do guys? or what do you suggest that i do?
Old 02-16-2004, 08:55 AM
HatchVX
Driving a Turbo 2L Terror

that ticket wont hold up in court. when u go in ask to the to see the decible reading he got from your exhaust. And then he wont have it and there would be no proof. Thats how i see it.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

I would have refused to rev the engine and open the hood. If he asks to search your car and you say no, there is nothing he can do about it. (at least in WI, I don't know about LA)

Get printouts for all the components he said were illegal and take them to court.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:04 AM
HawtPants
the one and only

cops in cali can search whatever they want in your car. its not considered an "illegal search" cause those damn drug dealers.

i suggest you throw everything back to stock and bite the bullet. you are not the first one the cop screwed over so dont fight it
Old 02-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Tirod

does CA have a written db limit law?? ut doesnt, anything the officer considers "excessive in noise" is illegal..
Old 02-16-2004, 09:18 AM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Damn bro that sucks. Didnt know cops pull over Golf stars too.

My friend got into the same situation as you. He got a ticket for his N1 and a warning for his JDM DC 4-1 header. He swapped his stock exhaust and exhaust manifold back and ended up paying like 10 or so bucks. Then he swapped back his stuff after seeing a Ref. Pain in the ass hassle.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:33 AM
joebenz
nelson rules

Originally Posted by +!r0d
does CA have a written db limit law?? ut doesnt, anything the officer considers "excessible in noise" is illegal..
yes, 95 dB is the limit
Old 02-16-2004, 09:34 AM
joebenz
nelson rules

Originally Posted by whoaitslen2
Damn bro that sucks. Didnt know cops pull over Golf stars too.

My friend got into the same situation as you. He got a ticket for his N1 and a warning for his JDM DC 4-1 header. He swapped his stock exhaust and exhaust manifold back and ended up paying like 10 or so bucks. Then he swapped back his stuff after seeing a Ref. Pain in the ass hassle.
:werd: it's f'n gay. AT LEAST, he didnt send me to an inspection station
Old 02-16-2004, 09:37 AM
b00gers

the officer has no proof that it is illegal. you just have to go through the hassle of going through the court system. unless you have a friend that can sign fix-it tickets sucks man.

are you sure he didnt pull you over for oversized tip diameter? or misaligned sticker?
Old 02-16-2004, 09:38 AM
joebenz
nelson rules

Originally Posted by WiLL
the officer has no proof that it is illegal. you just have to go through the hassle of going through the court system. unless you have a friend that can sign fix-it tickets sucks man.

are you sure he didnt pull you over for oversized tip diameter? or misaligned sticker?
:rofl: bish!

Quick Reply: Damn LA County Sherrif's Dept!