Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Do We Really Need All These SUV's?

Old 07-30-2002, 05:31 PM
WannaPlay
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So while part of me would like to personally drop kick every SUV owner and burn their bastard vehicles to the ground....I have to rationalize a bit.

I see good use for SUVs. However I don't think anyone else in America does.
I think they should be used for people who go off-roading or who live in areas in which a large vechicle is a necessity to get around. Also for people who carry a lot of equipment.

And I STRONGLY believe in having a separate lisence for SUVs. I think too many stupid girls are driving them- and its about time the government stepped in and made sure they knew how to handle a 4000 ton monster.

People buy SUVs because they want "room" and to be higher up. For these people- I would like to shout out a big "fu ck you!"

Too many yuppies and teenie boppers want SUVs to haul around their imaginary friends. I'd like to key all of their vehicles one by one.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:25 PM
iNteGraz92
forever lurking

Originally posted by E46 323iTony
i read in a magazine a long time ago that they said they'll be be really hard on emission laws in a few years. hopefully that will mean the end of SUVs. I don't mind suvs with 150hps crawling around the freeway. but those ones with V8s are roadraging all over the place.
i heard ford and gm want to try to stop this emissions thing for suv's. hmm..... wonder why.....
Old 08-05-2002, 09:18 AM
asianautica

Originally posted by Baco95
Soccer moms + SUVS = worst drivers ever!!

Plus you can't see anything if one of those monsters are in front of you!
yep yep
Old 08-07-2002, 08:24 PM
Soulja
HAN's resident 5-0

Originally posted by WannaPlay

lucky bish. i tried so many times to bust assholes like that- but the cops say they cant do anything unless there is physical damage to my car.
It helps to know people.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:10 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

People want passenger space, get a minivan or full size van.
People want AWD, get a Subaru.
There's no practical reason to get a large SUV.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:14 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

Originally posted by g2tegls
sure there is:

to flip over easily and kill other drivers in collisions
Old 08-12-2002, 10:23 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally posted by g2tegls
People want passenger space, get a minivan or full size van.
People want AWD, get a Subaru.
I agree. My mom wanted to get an SUV for some odd reason. I asked if she was gonna go offroading...she said no. I asked her why she didn't just get an Accord or something...she said she wanted a bigger car. I made her buy a minivan.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:51 AM
tommyboy
ImportXpression OG

SUV are the best investment now. They are very comfortable , good as a family car and for ppls that live in states where alot of snow. Its good.. I want a SUV
Old 08-17-2002, 11:05 AM
asianautica

Originally posted by tommyboy
SUV are the best investment now. They are very comfortable , good as a family car and for ppls that live in states where alot of snow. Its good.. I want a SUV
SUV are comfortable? Wow, which SUV is this? good as a family car? Minivan drink less gas an can carry more people more comfortably. SUV and snow? wow, unless you're going off roading in the snow, I doubt the city will let the road be filled w/ several inches of snow. Even so, nothing a AWD or a FWD can't fix.
Old 08-17-2002, 01:47 PM
Soulja
HAN's resident 5-0

Originally posted by asianautica
I doubt the city will let the road be filled w/ several inches of snow.
Do you live anywhere where it snows? Around me when it snows. All of the highways get done first, then the other main roads. Theres been times that they havent gotten around to plowing my street for 2 days after it starts snowing. By that time, there have been times that there has been 20" of snow built up. Then when they finally do plow the plows always push the snow to the side of the road, right. Right in front of your driveway. There's been times that there's a 3 1/2ft berm at the foot of my driveway. And, because the roads are so uneven, they can't drop the plows down all the way to the road, because they may break a blade or shear the top off of a manhole. so they usually leave about 1.5-2 inches of snow on the street. after a couple of days, with cars driving on it, that turns to one big sheet of ice. Now exactly the safest surface to be driving any car that isn't 4 wheel or all wheel drive. If you have a front wheel drive minivan, don't plan on going anywhere. Yes in my driveway are parked 2 accords, a prelude, and an olds cutlass. But theres also an explorer, for bad weather. Then, for real bad weather, we break out my beast, my 77 toyota Landcruiser FJ40. my truck mainly only gets used in snow, and during the summer when we take off the doors and top. Maybe in socal, you can get away with it, but not in many parts of the northeast.

Quick Reply: Do We Really Need All These SUV's?