Notices

2.0 or 2.2?

Old 10-17-2005, 07:01 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p nut
rich - my friend just traded in his 02 G35c for an 05 S2k, also. Funny to see how you guys are all converting! But the G35 is still an awesome car. Z's are sweet, too. Wouldn't mind having either one.
haha..there's a few of us on S2KI who converted
Old 10-17-2005, 07:39 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

simply stated:
the f22c is the more powerful motor... it's just not as much fun as the f20c.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:50 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

And the first word in a sentence is capitalized, and "a lot" should be in quotation marks. Usually, any number below 10 should be spelled out.
Thanks for the advice noob, too bad I wasn't talking to you. Glad to see I could help you out with your 17th post.

"For example, the 2004 S2000 is rated at the same 240 hp as its older siblings. It is also rated at 162 lbs-ft of torque, 9 lbs-ft more than previous models. But when we put it on our Dynapack chassis dynamometer and compared it to a 2002 S2000 (which consistently makes a few more hp than the early 2000-2001 models) we got a big surprise. Peak hp was up - a lot. A greater than 26 hp gain at peak is nothing to sneeze at! Torque was also up by over 21 lbs-ft at peak. Down low the torque curve is flatter and fatter than the previous model as well for more relaxed around town driving."

Dyno test of a 2002 vs a 2004. On the same dyno. If you disagree with this, it makes you an idiot unless you have proof otherwise.

I already said I'd take the 02 over any of them...the extra 1k RPM are well worth it.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:20 PM
p nut

I'm glad you put up some random quote (which is also plagerism - failed to provide the source). Have you even seen an S2k on the dyno yourself? Do you even have an S2k? The only thing you've got to go on is Google searches and one measley quote. If you've got some charts to back your claims, let's see them. Till then, I'll go by what I've seen personally at my local shops. Also, if you've been to the tracks, you'll see that the times are very close. Look at the SCCA solo2 results. AS class AP1's and AP2's are very competitive--neither has an advantage. So what is that supposed extra HP good for? Faster 1/4 mile times? Yeah, I haven't seen anything faster than a 13.7 from either S2k's. So performance wise, they're both so close together, it doesn't matter. People say that they like the more linear torque in the AP2's, but I get around just fine around town in my AP1. If I want more grunt down low, I'll get some 4.77's.

If I were to get another S2k, I'd go for the 05's. Not because it's an AP2, 2.2L, 25 miraculous HP, blah, blah--but because it's newer. I'll always take a car with less mileage and in better condition. What I wouldn't base my decision on is a redline of a car. Who cares if it revs to 50,000 RPM's? "1k RPM are well worth it?" HA! If that's what you believe, you're the true "noob."

BTW, I'm no noob. I was here when they first started up H-A back in '99/'00. I forgot my SN & PW after about 2 years of absence. I have 17 (now 18) posts, because I've actually been out driving. If I were to sit in front of the computer all day, I'm sure I'd have over 10,000 posts, too.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:27 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

look man, the extra 1k is all about sound... the ap1 satisfied more than just a need for speed and handling.

the ap2 has more power. hands down it is a more powerful car... how much more powerful isnt the question, but enough to make a difference... a driver who normally drives an ap1 should have no problem getting better times with an ap2...
Old 10-18-2005, 05:56 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

I'm glad you put up some random quote (which is also plagerism - failed to provide the source). Have you even seen an S2k on the dyno yourself? Do you even have an S2k? The only thing you've got to go on is Google searches and one measley quote. If you've got some charts to back your claims, let's see them. Till then, I'll go by what I've seen personally at my local shops. Also, if you've been to the tracks, you'll see that the times are very close. Look at the SCCA solo2 results. AS class AP1's and AP2's are very competitive--neither has an advantage. So what is that supposed extra HP good for? Faster 1/4 mile times? Yeah, I haven't seen anything faster than a 13.7 from either S2k's. So performance wise, they're both so close together, it doesn't matter. People say that they like the more linear torque in the AP2's, but I get around just fine around town in my AP1. If I want more grunt down low, I'll get some 4.77's.

If I were to get another S2k, I'd go for the 05's. Not because it's an AP2, 2.2L, 25 miraculous HP, blah, blah--but because it's newer. I'll always take a car with less mileage and in better condition. What I wouldn't base my decision on is a redline of a car. Who cares if it revs to 50,000 RPM's? "1k RPM are well worth it?" HA! If that's what you believe, you're the true "noob."

BTW, I'm no noob. I was here when they first started up H-A back in '99/'00. I forgot my SN & PW after about 2 years of absence. I have 17 (now 18) posts, because I've actually been out driving. If I were to sit in front of the computer all day, I'm sure I'd have over 10,000 posts, too.
:wtc: Let's get into an internet pissing contest to prove ourselves!

The quote is from TOV, I did not plagiarize. I'm sorry, I must have forgotten that I was writing my thesis paper and not posting on an internet message board...oh wait...

Anyway, to sort through all of your whining BS, the argument here that I was debating is that the 2.2 isn't a stronger motor. And it is...dyno results prove that, anyone who has driven both back to back can tell you that. I've driven both, not on the same day, but the 2.2 felt a bit more torquier and didn't feel quite so much like a Civic below 6k. If you don't understand my comment about the extra 1k RPMs then I don't know what to tell you, nor do I really give a shit, because it's my opinion. The aural and visceral senations of the S2000 are its best asset, and the reduced redline doesn't add anything.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:39 AM
blkturbos2k
S2K+TURBO=600rwhp

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
'a lot' is actually 2 words.
So is BLOW ME:db:

I see you have a Accord with 195k on it. Thats great, why are you on here talking about a s2k as if you know all???? Just give it up
Old 10-18-2005, 07:07 AM
blkturbos2k
S2K+TURBO=600rwhp

Originally Posted by sherwood
simply stated:
the f22c is the more powerful motor... it's just not as much fun as the f20c.
yes, the AP2 makes more Tq. We are bitching over something very dumb. Who here has a stock s2k? Who is going to keep it stock for long? I use my s2k for 1/4 mile. I am sure some of you will bitch about that, oh well. I have the fastest s2k in the USA in the 1/4. I like to have a fast street car. As soon as I hit around a 10.5 I will b happy
Old 10-18-2005, 07:28 AM
p nut

:wtc: Let's get into an internet pissing contest to prove ourselves!

The quote is from TOV, I did not plagiarize. I'm sorry, I must have forgotten that I was writing my thesis paper and not posting on an internet message board...oh wait...
'a lot' is actually 2 words.
No, you didn't forget.

Anyway, to sort through all of your whining BS, the argument here that I was debating is that the 2.2 isn't a stronger motor. And it is...dyno results prove that, anyone who has driven both back to back can tell you that. I've driven both, not on the same day, but the 2.2 felt a bit more torquier and didn't feel quite so much like a Civic below 6k. If you don't understand my comment about the extra 1k RPMs then I don't know what to tell you, nor do I really give a shit, because it's my opinion. The aural and visceral senations of the S2000 are its best asset, and the reduced redline doesn't add anything.
Did you drive them on the track? I'm guessing you either test drove one at a dealership or took your friend's for a spin around the block. If so, you've missed the point of the S2k. You might as well have driven a Miata. You think the 9k redline is the S2k's best "aural and visceral sensation?" Think again. I could care less if it redlined at 500 RPM. When you're braking late into a turn, feeling the rigid chassis of an almost perfectly balanced car as you're diving into the corner; there's your "aural and visceral sensation." Not to mention the telepathic steering.

Anyway, arguing with someone who bases someone else's knowledge by their post count and who neither has tracked or owns an S2k is rather ridiculous. So I'm done with this. It's nice out, I'm heading out for a drive.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

AP1, AP2...it's all up to the driver. The AP2 has slightly more power but it won't make a difference if your skill is nothing. AP2 also handles slightly better because tires are wider and there is slightly more low end grunt.

To each his own!