Notices

$9,000, 5th gen lude or Integra GSr?

Old 06-06-2004, 06:06 PM
nas00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen a lot of people talking crap about the Type SH and when I was looking for my lude I never even tested the Type SH until one day when I found a lude that seemed spotless. Then when I drove the Type SH I was like WOW! This ATTS stuff is no joke. It feels so much more planted in a turn. Needless to say I now a drive a 98' Type SH. The only reason you should not get a Type SH is if you're gonna go turbo...but it seems you're keeping it relatively stock so I say if you find a clean one go for it base or Type SH.

-Nas
Old 06-06-2004, 06:47 PM
5hift
Hades: 2.2L DOHC VTEC

I definitely agree with nas. If it's gonna be relatively stock, it doesn't really matter which one you get, tho SH will handle much better. If ur goin for monster power, go base.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:27 AM
former v8er

Originally Posted by 5hift
Yah, mine's base and came with the spoiler. Only bad thing is that u have a huge useless 4th break light in the back.
what do you mean by 4th break light?
Old 06-08-2004, 11:30 AM
former v8er

Originally Posted by former v8er
One more question, is it fast compared to other compact on the rode? I dont need to beat a wrx or evo but as long as I am not going to get wasted all the time. Im sure you guys get other people trying to race you all the time...
anyone?
Old 06-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Ohio99Lude

Stock for stock you will beat many other compacts on the road.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:45 AM
5hift
Hades: 2.2L DOHC VTEC

well, since the base does not come stock with a spoiler, there is a break light in the rear for safety reasons. When you put the spoiler on a base model as an option, they keep that breaklight in the rear window, but just install the spoiler. Now most dealerships will disconnect that breaklight and just use the one on the spoiler. So you have this big ass break light in ur rear window that doesn't work. The SH models don't have this because they come stock with the spoiler. It's not horribly ugly or distracting, but I do think it's pretty unattractive to have a useless breaklight in ur rear window. You can take it out, but then u need to buy the SH back piece to fit under the speakers and fill in the hole from the breaklight. Hope this helps. Sorry bout the long ass post.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:30 PM
LiLBri

Originally Posted by Prince
The only diffrence between SH and base prelude is ATTS (basically advance traction system). ATTS adds something like 300? 500? on the SH, so that makes it slightly slower.
Not sure but all SH comes with leather, and base has it optional. Personally, i think base is better because lot of used engine parts are much cheaper and easy to find that SH parts ... u will be surprised how much different the engines are for base and SH (in terms of maintanence only).
I have a base 5spd and it seems like its much nicer (comfortable) ride than GSR.
all SH do not come in leather. I think the only year that preludes came in leather for 5th gen was in 1999 (not 100% sure)
a few differences in base and SH:
- SH comes w/ spoiler, base is optional
- SH comes w/ painted side skirts, base does not
- SH comes w/ ATTS (active torque transfer system?)
- SH wheels are straight 5 spoked, base wheels are angled
- SH comes in 5-spd only, base has auto option
- SH will cost u more

since all u have planned is the k&n filter, i don't think u really have to worry about the power difference u'll get from a base and SH. test drive both, see which u can afford, and u'll find the decision real easy.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I'd stick with the Prelude if you don't really care to modify. The final gen of 'lude is a pretty plush, nice cruiser compaired to the cheaper feeling Integra. Sure, the Integra can be made to perform better, but if you want to stay stock, that doesn't really matter.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:56 PM
BlackShLude

Originally Posted by Kai
I'd stick with the Prelude if you don't really care to modify. The final gen of 'lude is a pretty plush, nice cruiser compaired to the cheaper feeling Integra. Sure, the Integra can be made to perform better, but if you want to stay stock, that doesn't really matter.
if your not modding the car really get a sh like me its comfortable sporty and handles alot better than the base. you cant go wrong !. PLUS CHICKS SEEM TO DIG THE FITH GEN LUDE.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:41 AM
former v8er

how much did you pay for your lude and when did you get it?

Quick Reply: $9,000, 5th gen lude or Integra GSr?