Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

Ford Fusion AWD begins at $23,430

Old 10-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Ochdx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaje
OHCDX...we all know your passive intent here is to root for Toyota (just as LexusIS350 is here to bash Toyota - to the better part of ignorance). It's not that I don't disagree as I like this forum to have more open minded discussions rather than bashing all other makes.

You have to know that stating OPINION does not equal fact. If you want to push your opinion as fact then you have to do so (and support your OPINIONS with support / corroboration / veracity). At this time just stating an accusatory opinion with no support is a waste of everyone's time. I have posted up the backup for my side yet see nothing from you.

I again hit back to you to PROVE IT. In fact your irrelevant shot at the v6 transmission failure when you were saying Honda engines are behind Toyotas just shows the grasping you have to do.
How many times do I have to prove it to you? Lets see.

Toyotas mainstream V6 (Camry) is better than Hondas mainstream V6 (Accord, TL)

Toyotas premium V6 (IS350, GS350) is better than Hondas preimum V6 (RL, TL-S)

Toyota has V8 engines, Honda doesn't. Honda used to make ridiculous claims that they don't need a V8, that they can produce V6 engines that are more powerful than their competitions V8 engines. But as it stands now, Honda's V6 engines fell miserably behind competitions V6 engines.

Toyota has a wide variery of Hybrids, with a V8 Hybrid coming soon. Honda's hybrids are more of a pathetic excuse for hybrids.

Honda goofed up with thier turbo attempt - it's less powerfull and less efficient than Toyotas bigger V6.

Honda has power output advantage in smaller 4 cylinder economy engines, but in this particular segments consumers dont really care so much about power, they are more concerned with fuel economy, and Toyota is pretty much dead even with Honda in this regard.

It seems to mee that you are living in the past and in the future, but not in present. It is a fact that Honda used to make great engines, and in the future Honda might start making great engines once again, but presently, Honda sucks.

Last edited by Ochdx; 10-28-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:42 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

Originally Posted by fastball
That's funny.
Yes, but Ochdx made a funny too:

so now they are going to lose $5,000 per car sold instead of $3,000
:lmao:
Old 10-29-2006, 06:35 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by Ochdx
Honda has power output advantage in smaller 4 cylinder economy engines, but in this particular segments consumers dont really care so much about power, they are more concerned with fuel economy, and Toyota is pretty much dead even with Honda in this regard.

It seems to mee that you are living in the past and in the future, but not in present. It is a fact that Honda used to make great engines, and in the future Honda might start making great engines once again, but presently, Honda sucks.
Ok, so you admit Honda is not BEHIND TOYOTA IN 4 cylinder engine technology! (remember your assinine statement that Honda was behind Toyota in engine technology). I argue against dumb generalizations - think before you post something incriminating. Have backup to support your entire statement not just (well v6s & hybrids they have the up but that's about it).

I never argued that Honda was better than Toyota in engine technology just that they aren't behind in engine technology. Of course you can only focus on several key areas for Toyota, V6, V8 and Hybrids (and I'll add to your cause that Toyota will be making ethanol capable engines soon). However, that's it and that's all Toyota has going for it. What's really funny is Honda has these 5 different advanced engines in the pipeline in the next few years and Toyota is very limited.

Honda focuses on engines and makes more than anyone else. Saying something so pitiful like Toyota is ahead of Honda when we are seeing a revolution in technology where Honda is at the forefront is quite ironic. So what Honda hasn't been focusing on bringing us high HP cars in the past several years. You think Hydrogen fuel cells take a couple years to develop? Try 15-20 years of constant research and evolution. In Fact Honda will not only bring us the first commerically available Fuel Cell car they are also building the infrastructure to refuel it but also a home station that can also power the house.

Oh and the 2.3 Turbo in the RDX is comparable in power to it's competition (Honda was not competing the RDX versus the Rav4 - which has grown substantially in size). In fact the variable flow turbo has cut lag down significantly. Does Toyota have a small turbo engine in their US lineup (nope - does this mean they are behind Honda in engine technology b/c they don't? nope).

And your comment "Honda Sucks" just shows your pathetic bias and stupidity...You are a Toyota Baller and have been for some time. Get over yourself as neither companies are superior but each have their own intended focus.

If you don't like level headedness then leave this site as your as bad as LexusIS350 in your spite.

Last edited by jaje; 10-29-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:36 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally Posted by bluetwo
Wow there sure is a lot about the Fusion in this thread! :sarcasm:
Well we have our Toyota FanBoy here making unfounded generalized statements. He's about as pathetic as they come (all Germans are Nazis and Toyota is God's car company)

Last edited by jaje; 10-29-2006 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:56 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

Honda is first and foremost an engine company. People forget the vast facet of engines Honda makes, from lawnmowers to outboard boat engines, tractors, generators, trimmers, and of course, motorcycles and automobiles. In fact, if I had a question about engines, the only company's engineers I would ask would be Honda or Mercedes Benz, who's founder Gottlieb Daimler invented the combustion gasoline 4 stroke engine in 1885.

Toyota makes very reliable engines. But Honda has always been ahead of them in technology.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:07 AM
qtiger

This turbocharged 4 cylinder engine is less powerful and less fuel efficient than the V6 engine found in RAV4.
Are fuel efficiency and power the only measures of a car's worth these days? By virtue of using a smaller engine, don't you allow for more passenger space with the same size/weight of vehicle. Couldn't that have been Honda's intent, not to get into an e-peen war?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Ochdx

If Honda's intent was not to get into e-peen war, then why were they so arrogant in the past? They always claimed that they didn't need a big V8 because they can match its power with small V6 and I4's, and it was true back in the days - NSX, S2K, TL-S, Type R, SI, etc. But they lacked to make much progress in the last several years, their V6 engine stayed pretty much the same across several generations, with minor changes. Don't get me wrong, its still a very good engine, and if Honda didn't make these claims I wouldn't be bitching. But since they did, I expect their engine to perform as good as BMW 4.8, MB 5.5, Lexus 4.6. Meanwhile it performs worse than Toyota and Nissan 3.5's. As a former Honda owner, I did my share backing up Honda's claim, and arguing their superiority in real life as well as on internet forums. But hey, Honda dropped the ball and lost many loyal customers, not just myself.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Ochdx

Originally Posted by jaje
Well we have our Toyota FanBoy here making unfounded generalized statements. He's about as pathetic as they come (all Germans are Nazis and Toyota is God's car company)
First of all, I am not Toyota fanboy. Right now I own two Lexuses, but I like many other cars, including some Hondas. For instance I will take MDX over any SUV on the road, and I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Acura RL is superior to Lexus GS in every way besides engine. I love Infinitis, M45, G35, in fact I almost bought a G35 before I got my GS. I love Audis, although I will never buy one just because they are german. As far as the whole german thing, if they killed 20 millions of your people, you would probably feel the same way.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:59 AM
qtiger

If Honda is/was so arrogant, why didn't they get involved in the HP wars of the early/mid 90s?

I think you are mistaking the arrogance of Honda fanboys for that of Honda itself. When talking about I believe the Ridgeline, Honda did not say that they would not release a production V8 because they could do better with a V6, but rather they said they could not make a V8 that met their own high standards. Is that arrogant?

Sounds like Honda lost you as a customer because you couldn't brag about how awesome Hondas were while hanging out in the K-Mart parking lot anymore.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:00 AM
qtiger

I love Audis, although I will never buy one just because they are german. As far as the whole german thing, if they killed 20 millions of your people, you would probably feel the same way.
Wow. That's probably the dumbest thing I've read all week.