Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2006 Hyundai Azera (replacement for XG350)

Old 03-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Dorikin
530i

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
:chuckles: That reminds me of the Chrysler TC by Maserati.
Please, why did you have to dredge that thing up :barf:
Old 03-30-2005, 05:49 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by DRfrank
marketing is based on making a product appealing to the consumer and/or customer
yes, but you forgot one enormously important detail. the purpose of marketing is to make a product appealing to the broadest possible spectrum of potential buyers - not just one, and certainly not just you. it'd be nice if every car company could fulfill every single potential buyer's preferences down to every last detail. but as you should be well aware of, this is impossible. so how does your personal opinion govern the quality of anyone's marketing for everybody else? you're basically saying that they're stupid because you say so and you still haven't provided any decent justification for your argument, besides that you think you're right - big surprise there.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:55 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mayonaise
yes, but you forgot one enormously important detail. the purpose of marketing is to make a product appealing to the broadest possible spectrum of potential buyers - not just one, and certainly not just you. it'd be nice if every car company could fulfill every single potential buyer's preferences down to every last detail. but as you should be well aware of, this is impossible. so how does your personal opinion govern the quality of anyone's marketing for everybody else? you're basically saying that they're stupid because you say so and you still haven't provided any decent justification for your argument, besides that you think you're right - big surprise there.
you have proven it yourself that they suck as marketing aswell, the name in itself is a marketing tool, and your first post about the name mocked it...

i see no major flaws in my arguments that if the chosen name is used (which it definatly IS) then it would make a better sale to put the name first because hyndai and azera put together make the car seem like any other hyundai... on the other hand saying "the azera, by hyundai" is commanding

many have said that hyundai has made great strides and it's the name hyundai in itself that still brings the brand down, stating the make name after the model name may allow a person to have a more unbaised view of the car instead of coming out and just first off proclaiming it is a hyundai.... I rest my case, and lets end this because the thread has been brought too off topic in my view and i want neither of us to get warned for it.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:01 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

As far as I know neither of you is a marketing major, so quit your bickering and talk about the car.