Notices

LS VTec?

Old 07-09-2002, 03:28 PM
aznxboi37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS VTec?

can you guys give me some feedback on what you think about it. ive been hearing it could blow your engine? Umm.. im thinking about it .. if anyone has it can you please let me know? also.. around how much does it cost?
Old 07-09-2002, 04:05 PM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

First off...learn how to use the search button. I'm not bein mean or flaming you, I'm just saying that you will find that many of your questions have already been answered before.

Here's a thread from earlier TODAY to I made a long post about the CRVTEC combo, but the same concept applies to the LS/VTEC conversion.

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...&threadid=7303
Old 07-09-2002, 06:07 PM
dubcac
I

Maybe if people would search they would find some things out....even you asked the same question in ANOTHER thread about LSVTEC crucialSI..the search button is your friend.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:04 PM
juiceweazel
Mobfather of all

the combo is very nice, can produce more power than the type r. (i almost got it done myself, now i'm researching & building more funds to do it all at once). but from what a lot of people have said it can be touchy.
Old 07-09-2002, 09:29 PM
PnX-R

LS-VTEC is a good idea.. But it's not as reliable as b20-VTEC.. And yeah, it is touchy.. It takes a lot of hard work and a good mechanic to get it running right..
Old 07-09-2002, 10:25 PM
qtiger

Originally posted by PnX-R
LS-VTEC is a good idea.. But it's not as reliable as b20-VTEC.. And yeah, it is touchy.. It takes a lot of hard work and a good mechanic to get it running right..
Do explain how LSVTEC is less reliable than CRVTEC.
Old 07-10-2002, 01:37 AM
frankenstienvt

Default lsvtec

well someone is in luck!! Just got my teg back from the shop. with a complete motor build up but with a first gen b16 head or lsvtec.
If this is done right where all the seals bearings and **** get replaced for wear purposes,piston check for heat shrink. But just for info my car dyno at 189.7 at the wheels with the typical bolt-ons. torque improved even over a gsr or type r. But where the lsvtec make out is still using the ls tranny longer gears. But i can give you all the specs on my motor and you can feel free to do what ever with them. If you do plan on doing this .Get your hands on a p30 ecu which comes out of a single cam civic vtec 1.6 liter its the easiest to burn and doesnt have a knock sensor crap on that ecu. it will say on the side of it with other #'s p30. but if you want i can give you my phone # to chat if your serious..
But the wrong way to build this motor is not to assume that a ls bottom end can take 8,000 revs all day without atleast looking at the condition of bottom end. We ls owners believe it or not have a strong bottom end!!!! Frankenstienvt over and out!!:bowdown: :boink:
Old 07-10-2002, 05:26 AM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Originally posted by crucial Si

how about you stfu noobie and stop talking to people like that,fawk

you need to search for.....STFU NOOB
I was merely trying to give this person some good advice without flaming them, or before someone else flames them, unlike the immaturity you have shown. I am by no means a noob and have done plenty of research on the CRVTEC and LS/VTEC buildups as I am hoping to do one in the future. I apologize if I have upset you, I'm just here to help those who havn't been around as long.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:27 PM
LudeRage

If you're gonna go all motor by doin LS/VTEC you should just do a complete swap. Like a JDM Prelude VTEC engine. Those are quite torquey
Old 07-10-2002, 09:36 PM
qtiger

Originally posted by LudeRage
If you're gonna go all motor by doin LS/VTEC you should just do a complete swap. Like a JDM Prelude VTEC engine. Those are quite torquey
The fastest all motor hondas are B series.

Quick Reply: LS VTec?