Notices

skunk2 vs Blox cams.

Old 02-22-2006, 03:34 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skunk2 vs Blox cams.

Liked to know your thoughts on Blox stage 2 vs skunk2 stage 2's, going into my usdm type-r motor..i broke my crane cams, lucky i was just taking off at a light lighty, cracked the exhaust cam not in half, but it was between cyl1/2 and it was on the first non-vtec lope and between the vtec lope which is good, it didn't bend any valves, nor scrape anything, jesus christ was on my side.. cause early that day, i had raced a few cars reving to around 9500...thx god i didn't break it then,in any case, i'm tryin to get your thoughts on blox stage2 cams vs skunk2 stage 2 cams, i have a buddy thats goin to sell me his skunk2's for around 500, but i'm running a fully built crower race head, everything is full race, dual race springs, tit retainers/intake/exhaust valves i'm also running cranes rocker arms, stock bottem end, with a 1 layer spoon HG, CR is roughly 11.4:1, all your major bolt ons, tuned on crome.. with the cranes i made great power(stage2)'s but looking at the skunk2's i should make BETTER power up high and better mid range, however i hear alot about these blox cams and am ready, now right now i'm running some worn out, beat to piss itr exhaust cam gear out of a buddies jdm itr, however its so worn out i want it out now..the car doesn't see above 3000 for the past week now which cam would be better for me..i loved crane dont get me wrong but i'm in a position to where, i think i need to try something new, if i could i'd go back to crane but right now i need to get something worth it..so lemme know guys.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:35 PM
dubcac
I

They're the same....made by the same manufacturer, in the same factory, with the same specs. So get whatever's cheaper.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:03 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

the ones u want from ur buddy... are they used? or does he just have a skunk2 hookup?
Old 02-22-2006, 07:35 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Originally Posted by tegbooster
the ones u want from ur buddy... are they used? or does he just have a skunk2 hookup?
their used alittle bit, but on his jdm gsr he gained like..22WHP and over 15 lbs of torque...before he blew his motor they got like 300 miles on them, he wants 450 for em so i said sure.. i'm in a bind..but i just was wondering cause i heard alot of good things about blox b tuner series...just wondering tho.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:02 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

ya know... i do still have that set of s2... i haven't heard much about the blox... but i've seen decent gains on the s2's, nothing toda/jun worthy... but still good quality gains

and i have my set NIB ... for a GSR... but i believe it doesn't matter
Old 02-23-2006, 04:55 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

turns out blox and skunk same product, blox owner used to work for skunk2, type-b's = stage2's and to be honest i think skunk2's outrate the toda b's not the C's tho...but for my type-r i need something now, if ur willing to except something lower then what he wants then i'll buy from you tuesday when i get paid if not, thx for the offer..
Old 02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

yeah i don't wanna take that much of a loss on em... i was just passing on the advertisement... but if ur looking for RIGHT now... and want to pay less than 500 then i can't deal... oh well.. in any case.. good luck w/ ur stuff man
Old 02-24-2006, 06:16 AM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

I really dont mean to be a dick dude,but believe me, my buddy gave me his worn down to almost no vtec lope exhaust cam shaft, the car's been babied for the past week and i'm ready to get this shaft out of my R motor..thx for asking tho bro but i'm just ready to switch cams in gerenal crane was a great product and i saw great gains but man..i just can't stand this shitty cam.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:07 AM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by IntegraType-R
turns out blox and skunk same product, blox owner used to work for skunk2, type-b's = stage2's and to be honest i think skunk2's outrate the toda b's not the C's tho...but for my type-r i need something now, if ur willing to except something lower then what he wants then i'll buy from you tuesday when i get paid if not, thx for the offer..

I swear I said that already????

The skunk2 state 2's outperform the toda b's on every dyno chart I've seen, and can hang with Spec D's...theyre good cams. And again, cams don't have lopes....they have lobes.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:21 AM
rugsr
How do my taillights look

are the skunk2's stage 2's bad for a turbo GSR?