View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 03:34 PM
IntegraType-R
ALL MOTOR KING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skunk2 vs Blox cams.

Liked to know your thoughts on Blox stage 2 vs skunk2 stage 2's, going into my usdm type-r motor..i broke my crane cams, lucky i was just taking off at a light lighty, cracked the exhaust cam not in half, but it was between cyl1/2 and it was on the first non-vtec lope and between the vtec lope which is good, it didn't bend any valves, nor scrape anything, jesus christ was on my side.. cause early that day, i had raced a few cars reving to around 9500...thx god i didn't break it then,in any case, i'm tryin to get your thoughts on blox stage2 cams vs skunk2 stage 2 cams, i have a buddy thats goin to sell me his skunk2's for around 500, but i'm running a fully built crower race head, everything is full race, dual race springs, tit retainers/intake/exhaust valves i'm also running cranes rocker arms, stock bottem end, with a 1 layer spoon HG, CR is roughly 11.4:1, all your major bolt ons, tuned on crome.. with the cranes i made great power(stage2)'s but looking at the skunk2's i should make BETTER power up high and better mid range, however i hear alot about these blox cams and am ready, now right now i'm running some worn out, beat to piss itr exhaust cam gear out of a buddies jdm itr, however its so worn out i want it out now..the car doesn't see above 3000 for the past week now which cam would be better for me..i loved crane dont get me wrong but i'm in a position to where, i think i need to try something new, if i could i'd go back to crane but right now i need to get something worth it..so lemme know guys.