Notices

• Integra Tech: [Read and post your basic questions here.]

Old 10-27-2005, 07:04 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by muchswatch
I have one question. Do I need to remove the bumper in order to change the headlights for my Integra 95? Thank you.
Nope. There's no need.

If you've got your owner's manual, it has instructions on how to remove the headlamp bulb socket from the back of the headlight housing. It's a little cramped back there, so be sure to keep the new headlamp bulbs clean as you plug the socket back into the headlight housing.

And, as with all halogen bulbs, DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS BULB. Oil deposits from your skin will heat up and cause the glass to shatter. If you touch the bulb glass by accident, use isopropyl alcohol to clean the bulbs before installing them.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 10-28-2005, 03:53 PM
muchswatch

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Nope. There's no need.

If you've got your owner's manual, it has instructions on how to remove the headlamp bulb socket from the back of the headlight housing. It's a little cramped back there, so be sure to keep the new headlamp bulbs clean as you plug the socket back into the headlight housing.

And, as with all halogen bulbs, DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS BULB. Oil deposits from your skin will heat up and cause the glass to shatter. If you touch the bulb glass by accident, use isopropyl alcohol to clean the bulbs before installing them.
Thank you very much, that's helpful.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:54 PM
anonchild

Default Tune-up and Major/Minor Service Question

I am a new teg owner..

and my teg hit 30k and needs a tune-up.

what is the difference of minor tune-up @ every 7,500 miles verses major tune-up @ every 30,000 miles?

if I get the major tune-up, do I still need to do the minor tune-up every 7,500?

would the service repair manual give info on how to do all these self-services?

thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 02:21 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by anonchild
I am a new teg owner..

and my teg hit 30k and needs a tune-up.

what is the difference of minor tune-up @ every 7,500 miles verses major tune-up @ every 30,000 miles?

if I get the major tune-up, do I still need to do the minor tune-up every 7,500?

would the service repair manual give info on how to do all these self-services?

thanks
Hi, welcome to the board.

What model and year of Integra do you have?

If you're mechanically inclined, then I definitely recommend buying the HELMS Factory Shop Manual. Brillant directions, stellar diagrams. You could literally build a car with that book. www.helmsinc.com , if memory serves.

The Owner's Manual has a chart that breaks down what each service entails, but it provides little in the way of instruction for the more involved service items..

In general, a 7500 mile service will consist of fluids and filters (new motor oil & filter, confirm transmission fluid level, confirm coolant pH and quantity, etc.) A 30K mile service will be more extensive. Inspection of suspension, drivetrain, brakes, possible replacement of brake pads, hoses, belts.

The VTEC-equipped motors use mechanical valve lash adjusters, while the non-VTEC motors use conventional hydraulic VLAs. So at 90K, valve lash is inspected and adjusted.

Also, there are critcal mileage & time-dependent service items. The most important of these is the timing belt, tensioner & water pump replacement. Every 90K miles OR every six years (whichever is sooner), all three must be replaced. It's imperative to the life of the motor.

All of the B-series motors are an "interference" design, meaning that valves and pistons WILL collide if the timing belt snaps with the motor running. If the tensioner fails, the belt will go slack. If the water pump siezes, the belt can shred teeth and slip.

So, be mindful about servicing the car and they'll run forever. :goodjob:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
anonchild

thanks dave
Old 11-03-2005, 01:32 AM
TribAI
Wannabe Gearhead

Does anyone know where to get a "fast idle thermo valve"? When my engine is cold the idle speed bounces between 1500 and 2000 most of the time. I was told by an Acura mechanic that the F.I.T. valve was what needed replaced. My Haynes manual says the same thing. But no parts stores seem to think that the part exists. Suggestions?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:31 PM
90integra lsR

Default headlight ?

will a 90-93 integra 3door headlight fit on to a 90-93 integra 4door
Old 11-08-2005, 01:47 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

Originally Posted by 90integra lsR
will a 90-93 integra 3door headlight fit on to a 90-93 integra 4door
it should
Old 11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
anonchild

Anyone have the '98-01 Repair Manual for Teg GS in pdf file?
Old 11-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

will an axle from a 95 gsr fit a 95 ls? driver's side.