Notices

• Integra Tech: [Read and post your basic questions here.]

Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 AM
elmaravilla86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

question? i have a 94 ls stock and i recently purchased a thermal exhaust but the damn thing is too loud i got it from a buddy of mine for like ten bucks which is great, than i spent another $120 for the tubing and welding from the manifold all the way back, now i want to get rid of the noise and get something with a nice racing tone and purr to it for a decent price but i really don't know what to get for about $350, if there is anything on that price, i would really appreciate the help thanks.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:12 PM
nascarfish

Default have to forfeit my block 2 CHP

Best way to go about getting new b18c1 block for 96 gsr...where/cheapest used vs. new etc etc **PLEASE HELP/ADVISE***
this is why...
Bought a salvage title 96 gsr from a buddy. The car is great\ quick. He had the vin verification scheduled with the chp already(good intentions)so that I can register it once it passes. I take it down (without him) and the second the CHP inspector pops the hood say's "uhhhh, theres gonna be lotsa problems with this car." Great!!! After a thorough inspection i have to forfeit the block b/c the #'s were grinded off, and the rear bumper(numbers illegible). HE said the vin tag on the tranny was missing as well, but made no mention to hand that over to them.
He was nice enough not to impound car right there. He did make it very clear that he could have..Thanks bud!!

Best place to get a new block? I live in hayward, CA
Old 08-24-2009, 10:33 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by nascarfish
Best way to go about getting new b18c1 block for 96 gsr...where/cheapest used vs. new etc etc **PLEASE HELP/ADVISE***
this is why...
Bought a salvage title 96 gsr from a buddy. The car is great quick. He had the vin verification scheduled with the chp already(good intentions)so that I can register it once it passes. I take it down (without him) and the second the CHP inspector pops the hood say's "uhhhh, theres gonna be lotsa problems with this car." Great!!! After a thorough inspection i have to forfeit the block b/c the #'s were grinded off, and the rear bumper(numbers illegible). HE said the vin tag on the tranny was missing as well, but made no mention to hand that over to them.
He was nice enough not to impound car right there. He did make it very clear that he could have..Thanks bud!!

Best place to get a new block? I live in hayward, CA

Consult our engine swaps forum for more info on where to purchase a new motor.
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/e...and-tuning-33/

Unless a court has ruled otherwise, I would assume the CHP will seizing the entire engine and probably the transmission, not just the block casting.

Trafficking in stolen parts (whether you know they're stolen or not) is a serious crime.
Be thankful that they're letting you keep the rest of the car.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!

Last edited by TheOtherDave™; 08-24-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:54 PM
allstar289

Default new wiring harness, car wont start

so the guy i bought my 95 integra from, screwed up the wiring harness, so i replaced it, everything is plugged in there is power, but the car wont turn over?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 PM
ghetto94integra

Is it OK to use 0W-20 or 5W-20 oil? Engine completely stock 94 B18B auto, about 100k

Mobil 1 0W-20. Thought I got 0W-30 but didn't realize the mistake until putting the extra quart in the trunk
Old 06-09-2010, 04:27 PM
stillballin_168

Can a ignition switch, the whole unit with keys and all.. from a 96 MT LS integra be directly put into a 95 AT LS?? MY 95 AT LS won't stay on when cranked after I let go of the key. I have an extra working unit,its from a manual. So im trying to find out if it could be a direct replacement.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:30 AM
alexdino89

Hi all. Currently I drive the 1990 Xsi Integra, automatic transmission. When I try to rev the engine and I found that the VTEC doesn't kick in then around 5500-6500 rpm. I then tried to ask the local mechanic and they said is normal because the VTEC cam for the automatic transmission is very small. Hence, they said the VTEC kicks in just like does not kick in. Is this real? Because I worry my VTEC doesn't work. Please share opinion please!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:44 AM
cosmos

Help Help Help,
My 1991 integra will not crank, all gone through all electrical and am stumped, no power to the starter signal fuse 18b either. Help help help
thanks Martin
Old 09-10-2012, 08:19 PM
rh77

Vehicle: 1998 Integra LS Automatic, 165K miles, fuel economy mods (nothing recent), otherwise stock with no major repairs (only typical wear items replaced with timing belt + water pump replaced at 80K).
Problem: Under light/moderate load (TC lockup, 4th gear ~2000 RPM), the engine began to run erratically (the tach swept from 2000 to zero about 5 times until it stalled). While coasting, the engine turned but would not start. I coasted into a parking lot and re-tried. After a few minutes it started and ran normally. The ScanGauge pulled a code of P0400, which is odd, because the shop manual does not list the code (otherwise it seems to be an EGR issue in other makes/models). Further searching in the shop manual revealed no mention of an EGR system (does it have one, and if so, should the passages be cleaned and/or solenoid/vacuum valve be inspected?)
Why it bugs me: It hasn't happened for over 2 weeks and 250 miles, but what gets me, is that I got my one of my best recorded fuel economy numbers (39.1 MPG) without really trying too hard, and no other variables from gas pump errors to mods apply (this is after keeping careful records for over 5 years). Usually poor fuel economy indicates a problem, but the increase has me curious if it's a good thing -- or if the stalling issue is to be expected again.
Thx -RH77
Old 10-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Trevor Legg

I have a 1992 Acura Integra ls with a turbo and i think i fried my head> Is there anything i should look out for give me a head up. im in the process of tearing down the motor. What should i do