Notices

Turbo, supercharger, N/A¿?¿?¿ what to do

Old 04-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by honura
Search around and DO NOT jump into either option unless you have searched and really really feel good about what your gonna do. I learn the hard way.
That is the best advice you can get. I jumped head-first into the turbo route and screwed myself because I had to buy a ton of other parts and worry about fuel management and on top of that, my engine needed new rings and was aggravated by the boost. Luckily, I have a relatively high paying job, so my car sees little downtime.
Old 04-10-2005, 10:58 PM
hurleyguy145
d16y8 bolted uP^

No contest going F/I over N/A Shooting for 12's in a 4-cylinder all motor is going to probably leave you wishing you went with induction anyways.
I sure as hell would, the bummer I found out recently is that Horse Power costs money-and because money costs money which i am commonly in lack there of > I'm fawked:rant:
Old 04-11-2005, 03:47 AM
Bryan_M

if you wanna get in the 12's then definitely go turbo. it would take at least double the money to be that fast N/A. like everyone said make sure you research everything fully before you go through with it.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:17 AM
carta79
Life after death

If you went FI you would have to ditch parts you already installed, that's dumb in my opinion. A 2.25' catback will not cut it for forced induction. I say stay NA.

If you want a turbo or supercharged car go out and buy one.
Save yourself the headaches and stay NA. I have more respect for fast NA cars anyways.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:19 PM
rpmman22

Originally Posted by Shmoo
That is the best advice you can get. I jumped head-first into the turbo route and screwed myself because I had to buy a ton of other parts and worry about fuel management and on top of that, my engine needed new rings and was aggravated by the boost. Luckily, I have a relatively high paying job, so my car sees little downtime.
what other parts did u have to buy to handle the boost in ur integra and what all did u have to do to the fuel management
Old 04-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by rpmman22
what other parts did u have to buy to handle the boost in ur integra and what all did u have to do to the fuel management
I had to buy parts that didn't come with the kit like the BOV and intercooler. Then I wasn't satisfied with the blue box that Greddy provided, so I bought the E-manage. I wasn't overly satisfied with that, so right now I have a P72 OBD1 waiting to be chipped for Uberdata. Fuel management is most important with a turbo kit and most people, including myself, don't realize that at the time when they jump into the project.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
hakjai

Originally Posted by Shmoo
I had to buy parts that didn't come with the kit like the BOV and intercooler. Then I wasn't satisfied with the blue box that Greddy provided, so I bought the E-manage. I wasn't overly satisfied with that, so right now I have a P72 OBD1 waiting to be chipped for Uberdata. Fuel management is most important with a turbo kit and most people, including myself, don't realize that at the time when they jump into the project.
Originally Posted by rpmman22
If i remember correctly the greddy kit also didnt come with a fuel pump, rail, filter which is good to have with boost. Another thing to upgrade would be your clutch (although your stock one should last for a while depending on the wear)
Old 04-11-2005, 04:21 PM
jsief85

it's been said too from many people that integras tend to respond better to N/A tune anyway, you could stroker the engine and increase displacement....ive seen some decent kits for around 2-2.5 k...
Old 04-11-2005, 04:23 PM
jsief85

also a turbo might only cost 3 grand, but for a kit its gonna run 4k + and you'll still need to do a lot of tuning on a dyno to tune it in, which can run you $125 a run or more....all depends on the money you got to spend!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:15 PM
rpmman22

so if i stroker the engine and increase will those kits come with some high compression pristons. can i run whats the most compression i could get running on pump gas. what could i run in the 1/4 with a nice n/a set up