Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

ENDYN info

Old 02-28-2003, 01:28 PM
PSPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ENDYN info

Hey everyone, I've been reading through old posts about ENDYN on this site and others. Just looking for more info. I would like people to start posting links to threads good or bad about anything and everything ENDYN. We can start an archive.

I was sure that I wanted them to build my motor untill I started reading around the net. Now I'm not so sure. Since I don't know ENDYN or the people posting about them personally, I don't know what to beleive. I just want more information.

Thanks.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:04 AM
drift
Flaccid Member

Endyn is a fraud. Larry Widmer, his practices, and his shop are fraudulent. this has been discussed on H-T many times amongst members who have met Larry, seen his shop, and have dealt with his poor business ethics.

if you want the parts, try www.payntechnologies.com

if you want your motor built, go to anyone but Larry Widmer.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:35 AM
PSPEC

How do you know all of this? I was really impressed by all the information on his website. I even spoke with him breifly over the phone. Then yesterday, I just randomly decided to go to some forums and search ENDYN. I was shocked by two of the stories that I read. Fact is though, I don't know Larry, and I don't know the people who wrote the stories. So there is really no way for me to be sure what the hell is going on. I would just like to read about it some more. Some of the links I found to other stories were broken, or the forums were down. If anyone knows of some places I can get more info on why this guy is such a fraud. I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 03-04-2003, 12:05 PM
white lightnin

Contact vtec voodoo on honda tech. He can tell you why enyne blows.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:40 PM
seth90dx

I just got my pistons from endyn... They are buitifull... Wtf is wrong with endyn? I dont see the problem....
Old 03-05-2003, 07:45 PM
seth90dx

Originally posted by drift
Endyn is a fraud. Larry Widmer, his practices, and his shop are fraudulent. this has been discussed on H-T many times amongst members who have met Larry, seen his shop, and have dealt with his poor business ethics.

if you want the parts, try www.payntechnologies.com

if you want your motor built, go to anyone but Larry Widmer.
Ok, your an idiot! How can you talk **** about EnDyn and Larry when 1st of all you have never delt with the man and secondly Payntechnologies.com SELLS ENDYN PARTS! WTF... Stay away from endyn, go buy endyn parts from Payntech... Come on man... If your gonna talk ****, at least do your reaserch first! MODACAR also uses EnDyn products... How do I know? I live the next town over and go there all the time. :madfawk:
Old 03-06-2003, 04:23 AM
PSPEC

Im not taking sides here. As I'm trying to get more info on the whole subject.

But I don't see any reason to start flipping out and name calling because someone doesn't like ENDYN.

I personally havn't purchased anything or had any services performed on my motor by them either. But I did read some pretty disturbing information. Whether its true or not, I have no way of knowing for sure just by reading old posts at forums.

Here are some things I read. Keep in mind these are NOT quotes, just things I recall reading.

Untill recently Larry's shop was in his garage. (Nothing wrong with this but supposedly he claimed to have huge facilities with lots of machines)

He claimes to use things like flow benches when porting cylinder heads to get "maximum" power and yet someone that claimed they worked for him said he had no such machines (He might have them now, but supposedly he didn't back then)

He speaks like he has lots of employees on his website, always writing "we" this and "we" that, and yet alot of people claimed that he pretended to be more than one person on his forum, so he could act like he was one or more of his so called employees.

The list of accusations goes on and on. Probably the most credible one for me is a post from a guy that I know. He has a shop about 30 minutes away from me. He claims that he sent his crank away to get lightened and balanced and it came back with burs all over it. I think he wrote that larry still had a motor of his for months.

Now none of this is from personal experience, and I don't have any way of proving any of its true. I am going to call that guy from the shop near me though and see what he has to say.

I think the popular opinion around the forums about ENDYN goes something like this

(1) Their pistons and other products are good. (But remember they are just slightly modified versions of products that already exist)

(2) Stay away from their machine work because its not what they claim it to be. It will take much longer than expected to get your parts back, and they won't work as well as expected.

I was planning on using ENDYN before I read these things. Now I'm having second thoughts. I do realize that it's possible that some of this stuff isn't true, because I have no proof for myself. Thats why I want more info.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:46 PM
seth90dx

Well my popular opinion is that if you act like an idiot, EnDyn will treat you like one! If you tell them exactly what it is you want done, and what you expect it to do... You will get what you want at the price they present. I dont know about them "lagging" on shiping **** iether. I orederd my pistons on thursday, got them this wendsday... So in shiping time... Thats 4 days from south east texas to north west cali. Thats not bad at all.
Old 03-06-2003, 05:59 PM
PSPEC

I'm not really worried about their components. I am just weary of sending my motor away to get machine work done.

Head porting/block sleeving/assembly

I'm just afraid of the mods being hyped up. Like the headwork not making as much power as it should etc.
Old 03-06-2003, 06:54 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

did he ever finish that supercharger?