Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

ENDYN info

Old 03-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by asiandoood
did he ever finish that supercharger?
:chuckles:
Old 03-06-2003, 07:58 PM
qtiger

Originally posted by seth90dx
Ok, your an idiot! How can you talk **** about EnDyn and Larry when 1st of all you have never delt with the man and secondly Payntechnologies.com SELLS ENDYN PARTS! WTF... Stay away from endyn, go buy endyn parts from Payntech... Come on man... If your gonna talk ****, at least do your reaserch first! MODACAR also uses EnDyn products... How do I know? I live the next town over and go there all the time. :madfawk:
I've talked to Tom Payn a couple of times, but I always forget to mention the Endyn thing to him, ask him his opinion.

All Tom sells of his are the headers, steppers and pistons. Larry doesn't make any of those anyway. Pistons are just Wisecos with a little sandpaper action.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:31 PM
seth90dx

Originally posted by qtiger
I've talked to Tom Payn a couple of times, but I always forget to mention the Endyn thing to him, ask him his opinion.

All Tom sells of his are the headers, steppers and pistons. Larry doesn't make any of those anyway. Pistons are just Wisecos with a little sandpaper action.
Not realy... He has them specialy made... So they arent JUST wiseco... I talked to them they said that he has the pantents on HIS pistons and they couldnt sell off the molds because he owns the molds that EnDyn uses... They quoted me $2000 for a set because they would have to make a new mold and do all the reaserch for my ZC...

Also the supercharger is going to be released this summer.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:21 AM
PSPEC

I'll ask the question again for clarity just incase someone new comes to this thread.

Is it worth it to get machine work and assembly done by ENDYN in 2003? Do they have all the machines that they claim they do. Do they do all the flowbench testing and balancing prodcedures that they claim they do? Will I get "superior" quality work and high power levels by using them?

Or will they just take a grinder to my head and then tell me it flows really nice. Or will they take my crankshaft and remove some material and tell me its balanced.

Does anyone have any work done by them or know someone that does and can vouch for them? I think people in Texas are going to be my best source of info because ENDYN is local to them.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:54 AM
oscarmayer

Endyn has a shop , with all the equipent they claim to have. He does have a flow bench, and all the tools needed to perform the work promised. He has build many heads and engines even still to this day for Nascar racing teams. He is even right now developing a special custom racing piston for a manufacturer to use in their race car. He has build all kinds of machines. even 400 wheel powered s200 NA engines. he knows what he si doing and will do the work right the first time.

what a lot fo guys fail to see is if you call him up and talk liek you knwo what your doing and say " I want this and this and this" then he will do EXCTLY that. But if you call and ask him what needs to be done and if he will do it, then he will recommend things and do that work t get the results you want. See all those stories are like many other i have read on other places. guys walk in thinking they know everything about cars and say do this and that. The shop delivers exactly what they ask for, and the buyer becomes mad at the shop when it doesn't do what he thinks it should.

Do you see the probem here? Unless you personally knwo how to build motors and knwo how this and that work and understand engines on an enginerring level as well as real life expirneces (cause we all know engineers usually tend to over do things and that ends up bad isntead of good sometimes) then don't ever demnd anything from a shop. you ask them what they think you need. that's how you get what you need.

I'll put ti this way. i've been building cars for over 16 yrs and imports since 92. I still don't know everything and i know a lot mroe than i woudl imagine 90% of the memebrs on most forums. I alwyas ask a shop for their opinion on anything i do. I never demand. I listen to their comments and take mental notes. If i think their are full of bologna (no pun intended ) then i jsut take mental notes and don't say anything. sometimes a shop coudl be wrong on somethign, but the truth is, most of the time the guy you talk to is not the guy who is doing the work. so chances are the guy doing the work knows better. I also get the advice of a minium of 3 different shops. that allows me to compair notes on what they say. Hell you shoudl see me cowing right now over the exaxt sizes of the turbo i want for my new engine. In my hands i have a t3/t04e turbo specs are .48 stage3 exhaust and .60ar w/50 trim compressor. this turbo is oil and waer cooled with the texas mosnter bearing that is so sought after. it's a $850 turbo. But I fould out that it will only product around 425 wheel power max. I was wanting to get closer to 500, but i also found out that 500 is a number that woudl mean goign to a larger exhaust side and that means lots of turbo lag. and less streetable. So shoudl i do it? I don't know. I'm still talkio shops and debating. I've spoken to turbo netics, garett, and majestic turbos as well as 4 different tuner shops that know what they are doing. YES i'm anal, but you have to be. I will tell you. ENDYN is doing my head, cam, and msot of the engine work and we are doing the assembly (Endyn and myself). This should tell you something. I have gone to their shop many times and it's always a hoot. They are good guys and they work hard there. Larry does have employeees that work for him. He is also inthe process of installing a new engine dyno room. it should be done in the next couple of weeks if all goes well. We will dyno my engine there when finished. Endyn is a good shop with awesome tallent and great work. As stated before, they have custom parts made to their specs. NO they are not just some standard type universal (1 size fits all) pistons and they use sandpaper onthem, they are actually custom molded to their specs. If you knew anythign abotu cars, and you looked closely at them,y ou coudl tell the differences in theirs and other pistons.

You can't get that by sanding, it must be molded that way. they just touch the pistosn up when they get them in to remove the sharp edges to help with flow.

You don't know me, but i hope this does help set your mind at ease. If you want to talk to me, then email me and we'll exchange #'s, but serously don't trust these guys's opinions onhere. they are known as keyboard techs. they knwo maybe .1% of what they pretend to know and act like they know the world. Most of them do something dumb like explained before and then blame the shop when it was their own arrogance and ignorance that did it not the shop.

I am willign to bet you if you allow endyn to do your engine, you will not only make mroe power than you think you would, but you will also be able to last longer than any one of those yahoo's who have talked crap about them. why? because you will do it right. you will ask questions and allow endyn to do the job they know how to do right the first time.

good luck
Old 03-07-2003, 06:30 AM
PSPEC

Just curious, how did you find this thread? Your very first post at H-A.net and its about ENDYN, and your from Texas.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:47 AM
oscarmayer

a little birdy told me about it. :-D
Old 03-07-2003, 06:48 AM
oscarmayer

Actually one of your readers posted it on a fourm. I read so many i forgot which one it was.
Old 03-07-2003, 07:18 PM
seth90dx

Originally posted by oscarmayer
a little birdy told me about it. :-D
Chirp Chirp! Actauly I wanted you guys to talk/read what someone who lives near Larry's shop and has been there has to say about it. These alogations are complete bull**** and I have to say that the person who is *****ing is someone who sent larry his block to get it sleeved. Larry DOES NOT sleeve the blocks at his shop. There is alot of reasons why but I wont get into that. He sends them to Golden Eagle and has them resleeve because they haver the proper equipment. Now GEM's sleeves seem to be sinking in a FEW and I meen verry few blocks. So the folks who are talkin **** at larry should be talkin **** to GEM, Payntech also uses GEM so.... Yea.... :fawk: Anyway I would sugest going with the dart blocks... But hey, thats just me
Old 03-08-2003, 04:25 AM
oscarmayer

the GEM sleeved blocks are fine. the sinking issue has been completely resolved, and again that was maybe a handfull of blocks. it's not like the happend to 20 blocks out there but more like 4 or 5 MAX. dart is good for full race, but for street, the more open design of the gem is way better due to cooling issues. dart new sleeves are not much better than a block guard, as we all know about those causing heating issues.